Ricoh Multifunction Printers Support Apple’s AirPrint
Enables Wireless Printing from iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Tokyo, September 24, 2012 — Ricoh Company, Ltd. (President and CEO: Shiro Kondo, hereinafter "Ricoh") today announced that some of its multifunction printers (MFPs）support AirPrint™, the native printing function offered by Apple1.
This makes it possible for customers to print documents, photographs, images, and so forth directly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch without installing a printer driver or an application.
Ricoh continues to expand its range of compatible MFPs and printers by further enhancing the compatibility with iOS devices.
Operating Environment and Compatible Models
|Compatible OS||iOS 4.2 or later|
|Target devices||iPhone, iPad, iPod touch|
|Color MFPs||Aficio MP C5502/C4502/C3502/C3002/C305 Series|
|B/W MFPs||Aficio MP 5002/4002/301 Series|
- * This printing function requires a model with a printer function or the mounting of an option that is compatible with a printer function.
- * AirPrint functionality requires an AirPrint-enabled MFPs connected to the same Wi-Fi network as iOS devices.
- * Depending on the application, printing may not be available.
- * iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AirPrint and the AirPrint logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- * Wi-Fi is registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- * All other company names or product names appearing in the News Release are company trademarks or registered trademarks.
News release in PDF format
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2013, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,924 billion yen (approx. 20 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Information in the news releases is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Manufacture, sales, price and specifications of products may be subject to change.