Equipped with Bluetooth® and Wireless LAN Functions
The camera unit comes equipped with Bluetooth® Ver.2.1 +EDR function and wireless LAN (802.11b/g) function. Images can be sent by high-speed data transfer to smartphones and other supported devices as well as to computers. The camera unit also supports WPS for simple connection and setup to wireless LAN networks. The camera can also multi-task, obtaining position information from an external GPS device via Bluetooth® while transmitting images via wireless LAN to make your workflow easier.
Bluetooth® Communication Part
|Communication Method||Bluetooth® standard Ver. 2.1+EDR|
|Output||Bluetooth® standard Power Class 2|
|Communication Range※1||Approximately 10m (line of sight)|
|Supported Bluetooth® Profiles※2||BIP, OPP, SPP|
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz band（2.400GHz - 2.4835GHz）|
- ※1The communication range may vary depending on obstructions between the two devices, signal strength, software or operating system in use, and other factors.
- ※2These are specifications according to the intended use of the Bluetooth®-enabled devices and are predetermined by Bluetooth® standards.
Wireless LAN Communication Part
|Transmission Method||IEEE802.11g： OFDM IEEE802.11b： DSSS, DQPSK, DBPSK|
|Data Transfer Speed※1||
IEEE802.11g： 54M/48M/36M/24M/18M/12M/9M/6M (bps)
IEEE802.11b： 11M/5.5M/2M/1M (bps)
This varies depending on the location of the devices, usage environment, and usage conditions.
|Security Protocol||WEP (64/128bit), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)|
|Frequency Band||2.4GHz band（2.412 - 2.462GHz）|
- ※1The data transfer speeds are the maximum theoretical values based on the wireless LAN standard and may differ from the actual data transfer speed.
- ※2The communication range may vary depending on obstructions between the two devices, signal strength, location of the devices, usage environment, software or operating system in use, and other factors.
GPS Unit with Electronic Compass GP-1 <Option>
By connecting the compact GP-1 GPS unit, you can attach location information to pictures or movies taken with the camera. And thanks to the electronic compass support, you can also register direction information to recorded images. Even with the GP-1 attached, the camera supports IP64 dirt resistance and waterproofing, and can withstand the impact of a 1.2m fall.
- GPS Accuracy: 2D RMS approx. 5m
- *During clear skies (fine weather with no obstructions, and an angle of elevation greater than 30 degrees)
Digital compass direction accuracy: ±6 degrees *Measurement error calculated from Magnetic north
Bar code reader function useful for camera memo and password input
The reading of one and two dimensional bar codes is supported. The saving of bar codes as camera memos can be useful for freight management in logistics, prevention of patient data mix-ups in medical facilities, etc.
Laser Barcode Reader Unit BR-1 <Option>
The camera is able to read 1-dimensional barcodes when Barcode Unit BR-1 is attached. As the Barcode Unit BR-1 emits laser light in order to read the barcode, the recognition speed of the main camera lens section is very fast, and barcodes can be read even in dark places. Even with the BR-1 attached, the camera supports IP64 dirt resistance and waterproofing, and can withstand the impact from a 1.5m fall.
- *This unit is a “Class 1 Laser Product”.