G700 Major Specifications
|No. of effective pixels(camera)||Approx. 12.10 million effective pixels|
|Image Sensor||1/2.3" CCD (Approx. 12.40 total million pixels)|
|Lens||Focal Length||5.0 mm to 25 mm (equivalent to 28 mm to 140 mm on a 35 mm camera)|
|F-aperture||F3.5 to F5.5|
|Lens Construction||11 elements in 9 groups plus 1 prism|
|Filter size||37 mm|
|Zoom Magnification||Optical zoom at 5.0x
(focal length equivalent to 28 mm to 140 mm on a 35 mm camera)
Digital zoom at 4.0x, up to 20.0x (560 mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
Auto resize zoom at approx. 6.3x (VGA image) *2, up to 31.5x (882 mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
|Focus Modes||Multi AF (CCD method) / Spot AF (CCD method) / MF / Snap / ∞(with AF Auxiliary Light)|
|Blur Reduction||Digital image stabilizer|
|Shutter Speed*3||Still Image||8, 4, 2, 1 to 1/1500 seconds|
|Movie||1/30 to 1/10000 seconds|
|Exposure Control||Exposure Metering Mode||Multi Light Metering (256 segments) / Center-weighted Light Metering / Spot Metering (TTL-CCD metering and AE lock possible)|
|Exposure Mode||Program AE|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual exposure compensation (+2.0 to -2.0 EV in 1/3 EV Steps), Auto bracket function (-0.5 EV, ±0, +0.5 EV)|
|ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)||AUTO / ISO64 / ISO100 / ISO200 / ISO400 / ISO800 / ISO1600 / ISO3200|
|White Balance Mode||Auto / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent 1 / Incandescent 2 / Fluorescent / Manual / Ring Light, White balance bracket function|
|Flash||Flash Mode||Auto flash (fires automatically in low-light conditions and when the subject is backlit) / Anti Red-eye / Flash On / FLASH ON (10M) / Flash Synchro. / Flash Off|
|Built-in Flash Range||Approx. 20 cm to 10.0 m (Wide-angle), approx. 40 cm to 6.2 m (Telephoto) (ISO AUTO / ISO 1600, from the front of the lens)|
|Picture Display||3.0" Transmissive LCD, approx. 920,000 dots|
|Shooting Mode||Auto shooting mode / Scene mode (High Sens / Firefighting / Skew Correct Mode / Text Mode / Zoom Macro / Movie) / My settings mode / CALS mode|
|Picture Quality Mode*4||F (Fine), N (Normal)|
|Number of Recorded Pixels||Still Image||[4:3] 4000 x 3000, 2592 x 1944, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480
[3:2] 3984 x 2656
|Movie||1280 x 720, 640 x 480, 320 x 240|
|Text||4000 x 3000, 2048 x 1536|
|Recording Media||SD memory card (3.3V 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB), SDHC memory card (up to 32 GB), SD WORM card *5(128MB, 1GB), Internal Memory (approx. 103 MB)|
| Picture /
Time Storage Capacity *6(Internal: approx.103MB)
|Still Image||Still image: 4000 x 3000 F: 22 pictures N: 38 pictures, 3984 x 2656 F: 25, 2592 x 1944 F: 45, 2048 x 1536 N: 72, 1600 x 1200 F: 116, 1280 x 960 F: 141 N: 265, 640 x 480 F: 509|
|Movie*7||1280 x 720 20 seconds, 640 x 480 58 seconds, 320 x 240 2 minutes 22 seconds|
|Recording File Format||Still Image||JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.21)*8|
|Text||JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.21)*8|
|Movie||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG Format Compliant)|
|Bar Codes Supported||Linear||EAN-13/8 (JAN-13/8), UPC-A/E, UPC/EAN (with add-ons), Interleaved 2 of 5, CODEBAR (NW-7), CODE 39, CODE 93, CODE 128 TYPE C, GS1-128 (EAN-128), and RSS (GS1 DataBar)|
|Matrix||QR Code, Micro QR Code, DataMatrix(ECC200), PDF417, Micro PDF417, MaxiCode, EAN·UCC Composite(GS1 DataBar Composite)|
|Other Major Shooting Functions||Continuous mode, Self-timer (operation time: approx. 10 seconds, approx. 2 seconds), Interval shooting (shooting interval: 5 seconds to 3 hours, in increments of 5 seconds)*9, Histogram display, Grid guide display|
|Other Major Playback Functions||Thumbnail view, Enlarged view (maximum 16x), Resize, Contrast Correction|
|Interface||USB2.0 (High-Speed USB) Mini-B, AV output, Mass storage-compatible*10|
|Power Supply||Rechargeable Battery (DB-65) x1, AC adapter (AC-5c option), AAA Alkaline Battery x 2, AAA Nickel-Hydrogen Battery x 2|
|Battery life*11||Based on CIPA standard, DB-65 : approx. 360 shots
AAA Alkaline : 40 shots*12
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||118.8 mm × 71.0 mm × 41.0 mm, 32.0 mm (D) at thinnest, excluding projections|
|Weight||Approx. 280 g (excluding battery, SD memory card, and strap), Approx. 310 g (including memory card and supplied battery)|
| Water Resistance
/ Dust Resistance
/ Chemical Resistance
|JIS/IEC waterproof grade 8, shooting to a water depth of approx. 5 m*13
JIS/IEC dustproof grade 6
External cleaning possible with ethanol and sodium hypochlorite for disinfectants
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 40°C|
- *1:The macro shooting wide-angle setting is f=5.9mm at a 33 mm focal length (35 mm equivalent).
- *2:Image size is VGA.
- *3:The upper and lower limits differ for each shooting mode and flash mode.
- *4:The picture quality mode that can be set varies depending on the image size.
- *5:SD WORM cards can be purchased from SanDisk Corporation agents that supply corporate customers.
- *6:The estimated number of pictures that can be recorded or the estimated recording time.
- *7:The maximum movie length that can be recorded at one time is either 90 minutes or 4 GB. When shooting movies of 1280 × 720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended.
- *8:Compatible with DCF and DPOF. DCF is the abbreviation for “Design rule for Camera File system,” a JEITA standard (Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed).
- *9:When the flash is set to [Flash Off ].
- *10:Mass storage mode is supported by Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 9.0–9.2.2, and Mac OS X 10.1.2–10.6.3.
- *11:The number of remaining shots is based on the CIPA standard and may vary depending on usage conditions. This is for reference only.
- *12:When using the AAA Alkaline batteries manufactured by Panasonic.
- *13:At a water depth of up to 5 m, a maximum of approximately two hours of shooting is possible. Optimal shooting may not be possible depending on the water environment.