RICOH PX FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the Shooting menu operations.
In order to configure respective shooting setting options, go to the Shooting menu.
- 1 Press the MENU/OK button in a shooting mode.
- If the Quick shooting menu is displayed, choose the [Adv. shooting options] with buttons, and press the MENU/OK button.
- 2 The [Shooting] menu will appear. Displayed items will vary depending on a shooting mode.
- 3 Use the [PREMIUM] button or the [Exposure] button to choose a setting option. To show the options, use button.
- Example : selected [Continuous Mode]
- 4 Use [PREMIUM] button or the [Exposure] button to choose an option and press the MENU/OK button.
- The selected option is fixed and the screen returns to the shooting screen.
- If button is pressed instead of the MENU/OK button, it will return to the screen in the step 2. If you want to change the other option, follow the step 3 through 4.
Displayed items will vary depending on the shooting mode.
The items that can be set for each shooting mode are shown below.
[Setting options in the Shooting menu]
|Setting items||Options [Default]|
|Continuous Mode *1||[Off], Continuous, S-Cont, M-Cont|
|Focus *2||[Multi AF], Face Pr., Tracking Subj., Spot AF|
|Exposure Metering||[Multi], Center, Spot|
|Image Settings||Vivid, [Standard], Natural|
|Super Resolution||[Off], On|
|White Balance||Auto, [Multi-P Auto], Outdoors, Cloudy, Incand.1, Incand.2, Fluorescent, Manual|
|ISO Setting||[AUTO], ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200|
|Maximum for ISO Auto||AUTO 200, AUTO 400, AUTO 800, [AUTO 1600], AUTO 3200|
|Exposure Compensation||+2.0, +1.7, +1.3, +1.0, +0.7, +0.3, [0.0], -0.3, -0.7, -1.0, -1.3, -1.7, -2.0 (1/3EV increments)|
|Movie Size *3||[ 1280], 640|
|Red-eye reduction||[Off], On|
|Shake Correction||Off, [On]|
|Date Imprint||[OFF], Date, Date and Time|
|Plus Normal Shooting *4||[OFF], On|
|Soft Focus Options *5||[Strong], Weak|
|Hue *6||[Basic], Magenta, Yellow|
|Vignetting *7||OFF, Strong, [Weak]|
|Toy Color *8||OFF, [On]|
|Reset premium shot settings *9||-- (choose from Yes / No)|
|Restore Default *10||-- (choose from Yes / No)|
- *1)When an option other than [Off] is selected, even if [Multi-P Auto] is set in white balance, it works as [Auto]. Flash turns off.
- If [S-Cont] or [M-Cont] is selected, ISO works as [Auto] even if [ISO 100] or [ISO 200] is selected for ISO setting. Image size is fixed at [ 4:3].
- *2)[Spot AF] is used if [Multi AF] is selected during digital zoom. When [Face Pri.] is selected, the camera automatically optimizes white balance and no icon is displayed. If no face is detected, the camera focuses using [Multi AF].
- *3)This option is used for movie shooting.
- *4)When [On] is selected, the camera records two images in the following premium shot modes; [Miniaturized], [Toy Camera], [High Contrast B&W], [Soft Focus], [Cross Process], [Black & White], and [Sepia]. One is the effected image in the premium shot modes, and the other is unprocessed copy of them.
- *5)The options at [Soft Focus] premium shot mode to choose the amount of softening.
- *6)The options at [Cross Process] premium shot mode to change the hue.
- *7)The options at [Toy Camera] premium shot mode to choose the amount of vignetting.
- *8)Setting [On] increases saturation in [Toy Camera] premium shot mode.
- *9)It is to reset premium shot settings to their default values.
- *10)It is to restore shooting menu settings to their default values.
Related links :
Available settings/options vary depending on the shooting mode.
The camera settings are located in the Setup menu.
The settings for captured images are located in the Playback menu.
Date created: June 10, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: RICOH PX
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.