RICOH PX FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the DB-100, rechargeable battery.
This is the lithium-ion rechargeable battery for this camera.
* The RICOH DB-100 battery is for the RICOH PX, CX5, CX4, and CX3. It is not compatible with other previous models from Ricoh (such as CX2, or CX1).
Storage capacity of shot as a general guide:With Sleep mode [On - 10 sec.] : Approx. 320 pictures
With Sleep mode [Off] : Approx. 300 pictures
- •The data is based on the measurement conditions compliant with the CIPA standard. (Temperature : 23 degrees C, pictures display On, 30 seconds between shots, changing the zoom setting from telephoto to wide-angle or wide-angle to telephoto for each shot, 50% flash usage, turning the power off after each 10 shots)
- •The number of shots is for reference only. If the camera is used for long periods of time for setting changes and playback, the available shooting time (the number of shots) will decrease. If you intend to use the camera for a long period of time, taking a spare battery is recommended.
How to charge / Charging time
|How to charge||Charging time *1|
|Charging from a power outlet
* It charges while putting the battery in the camera.
|Approx. 160 minutes|
|Charging from a USB port in a computer
* It charges while putting the battery in the camera.
|Approx. 240 minutes|
|Charging with the optional battery charger
||Approx. 180 minutes|
- •If you do not use a camera for a long period, remove the rechargeable battery from the camera.
- •Keep the battery in a cold place.
- •Do not immediately charge again a battery that charging has been completed.
- •Charge the battery under the environment with a temperature range between 10°C ~ 40°C. Charging the battery under high temperatures may deplete the performance. Charging the battery under low temperatures may result in an insufficient charge.
- •When the length of time that the battery can be used drops significantly even if it is fully charged, the battery life has been exceeded. Please replace with a new battery.
Battery level indication
A battery mark appears at the lower right of the picture display to indicate the battery level. Recharge the battery before it is depleted. The following figures show a guide for your reference.
|1. Sufficient battery power|
|2. Low remaining battery power. Recommend preparing new batteries, or recharging the battery.|
|3. No remaining battery power. Replace with a new battery or recharge the battery.|
- •The battery is not waterproof. Keep dry.
- •When opening and closing the battery/card cover or terminal cover, take are to prevent any water, sand, mud, dust, or other foreign matter that may have adhered to the camera from entering the interior of device. If possible, avoid opening or closing the camera at the seaside or near other bodies of water or on a beach or in other sandy locations.
- •Water may adhere to the inside of the covers while they are open. Dry the inside of the covers before use.
- •The DB-100 is a lithium-ion battery. Use only genuine RICOH rechargeable batteries, DB-100. Please never use other lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
- •Charge the battery before use since the battery is not fully charged when it is shipped.
- •As is characteristic of batteries, using under cold temperatures, available battery time will become decreased, even it is fully charged. Before usage, keep the battery warm such as in your pocket, or prepare a spare battery.
- •Always remove a battery from a camera or battery charger when it is not in use. The battery continues to discharge small amounts of electricity even when the power if off, which reduces the battery life.
- •Please remove the battery if you are not going to use the camera for a long period of time. When storing the battery for an extended period of time, charge it about 30 minutes once a year. But note that removing the battery will clear some settings in the camera (such as date and time). Check the settings of the camera before usage. See the related FAQ below for the date maintain time.
- •Store the battery in a cool, dry place. A temperature range of 15°C ~ 25°C is optimal. Avoid extremely hot or cold locations.
- •Battery that no longer hold a charge have reached the end of their service life and must be replaced.
- •The battery may become very hot immediately after operation. Turn the camera off and leave it to cool down sufficiently before removing the battery.
- •Do not disassemble, alter or solder the battery directly to an object.
- •Do not expose the battery to direct heat or flame, and do not use or store it near a fire or a location, such as an automobile, subject to high temperatures. In addition, do not immerse or dampen the battery in water, saltwater, or any liquid.
- •Do not puncture the battery with any sharp objects, hit it with a hammer or similar device, step on it, drop it or subject it to strong shock.
- •Do not use a battery if it is damaged or deformed.
- •To prevent the battery fluids leaking, becoming hot, smoking or exploding please observe the following.
- •Use only the specified RICOH genuine rechargeable battery.
- •Do not transport or store the battery with metallic ball pens, necklaces, coins or similar metallic items.
- •Do not place the battery in microwave ovens or other high-voltage appliances.
- •If the battery fluids leak, it produces strange smells, it looks discolored during using or charging, immediately remove it from the vicinity of heat or flame.
- •If the leaked fluid from the battery touch the skin, it may cause burn. If you touch the damaged battery, immediately clean with water (never use soap). And if the leaked fluid from the battery touch the camera, clean off the fluids from the camera, and then load a new battery.
|Nominal Voltage||3.7 V|
950 mAh (minimum)
1,000 mAh (typical)
|Operating Temperatures||0°C ~ + 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)|
|Dimensions||34.2 x 37.5 x 6.8 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 19 g|
Date created: June 10, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: RICOH PX
Operating system: --
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.