RICOH PX FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the zoom feature.
The RICOH PX has the zoom feature below (for still images).
- •5.0x optical zoom feature (from 28 mm at the wide end to 140 mm at the tele end )
- •2.0x super resolution zoom feature (from 140 mm to 280 mm). Combination with this super resolution zoom will allow you to use max. 10.0x (equivalent to 280 mm)
- •4.8x digital zoom. Combination with this digital zoom will allow you to use max. 48.0x (equivalent to 1344 mm)
[Super Resolution Zoom]
The Super Resolution zoom (SR zoom) technology is applied in the zoom range from 140mm - 280mm. Super Resolution zoom captured images have minimal degradation in image quality than digital zoom.
The SR zoom always work in the zoom range from 140 mm - 280 mm, when the [Digital zoom Image] is set to [Normal] (default).
Reference - [Digital Zoom Image] > [Normal]
[Digital Zoom]While you can use the normal zoom to enlarge the subject up to 5.0x and the super resolution zoom, digital zooming allows you to enlarge the subject still further (up to another 4.8x at maximum).
To use the digital zooming, turn and hold the zoom lever toward until the maximum magnification is reached on the zoom bar, then momentarily release the zoom lever, and then turn the zoom lever again toward . The digital zoom magnification will be displayed on the zoom bar.
Zoom operationsIn a shooting mode, turn the zoom lever to the tele side (to the right), or to the wide side (to the left).
The zoom bar at the left on the screen will show the current zoom position.
The white part of the zoom bar indicates the optical zoom (up to 5.0x).
The green part of the zoom bar indicates the Super Resolution zoom (up to another 2.0x, combination with the optical zoom up to 10.0x). When using the Super Resolution zoom, [SR] symbol and the zoom ratio (green) appear above the zoom bar.
When using the digital zoom, [DZ] symbol and the zoom ratio (yellow) appears above the zoom bar.
Auto Resize zoom in [Digital Zoom Image] optionsAuto resize zoom option is also available when you set [Auto Resize] for [Digital zoom Image] in the Setup menu. (Only when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to 4:3).
Zoom feature in moviesThe Super Resolution zoom is unavailable in the movie mode. Only digital zoom is available, the maximum digital zoom magnification varies depending on the movie size.
- •The Super Resolution zoom is enabled when the [Normal] option (default) is selected for [Digital Zoom Image] in the Setup menu.
- • If [Super Resolution] is set to [On] in the Shooting menu, the [SR] icon will be displayed even in the optical zoom range.
- •The Super Resolution zoom cannot be used in movie mode, continuous mode.
- •In the Premium shot mode, available zoom feature varies depending on the selected mode. See the chart below.
|Optical zoom > SR zoom > Digital zoom||Optical zoom > Digital zoom||Digital zoom only|
|P, Sweets, Snow, Sports, Sepia, Party, Beach, Pets, Portrait, Landscape, Loupe, Skew Correct Mode, Fireworks, Black & White, Night Portrait, Cooking||Cross Process, Soft Focus, Toy Camera, High Contrast B&W, Miniaturize||Auction, Hand-Held Night Scn|
* Other limitations for each shooting mode, see below.
Date created: June 10, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: RICOH PX
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.