RICOH LENS A16 24-85 mm : Details on the White balance modes.
You can choose a white balance mode so that a white subject will appear white. The default white balance mode is [Multi-P AUTO]. Change the setting in situations where the white balance is difficult to adjust effectively, such as when shooting an object of a single color or when shooting under multiple light sources.
White Balance Modes
|Auto||Adjusts the white balance automatically.|
|Multi-P AUTO||The camera automatically selects the optimal white balance according to the conditions of sun and shade or the flash illumination range.|
|Outdoors||Select this when shooting outdoors (sunny).|
|Cloudy||Select this when shooting in cloudy weather or in shady conditions.|
|Incandescent 1||Select this when shooting under incandescent light.|
|Incandescent 2||Select this when shooting under incandescent light (more reddish than [Incandescent 1]).|
|Fluorescent Lamp||Select this when shooting under fluorescent light.|
|Manual Settings||Adjust the balance manually.|
|Detail||16 levels options are selectable, including settings close to [Incandescent Lamp], [Outdoors] and [Cloudy].|
The above symbols are displayed on the picture display after white balance mode settings have been made.
There is another way to adjust color tones by using [Whilte Balance Compensation].
White Balance mode changes
The white balance setting changes are available in the Shooting menu, or by using the ADJ. lever.
Operating procedure with the ADJ. Lever
- 1 Press the ADJ. lever, and then either push the ADJ. lever to the left or right, or press the Fn1 / Fn2 buttons until the white balance menu appears.
- 2White balance options will be displayed like below.
- 3 Select a white balance mode using [+] or [-] buttons. You can also now shoot by pressing the shutter release button. Press the [MENU/OK] button or the ADJ. lever. It will return to the shooting screen, and the symbol of the selected white balance mode is displayed on the screen.
- • The white balance may not be adjusted correctly for a subject that is not sufficiently white, or that is mostly dark. In this case, add something white to the subject.
- • When shooting with the flash, the white balance may not be adjusted correctly if [AUTO] is not selected. In this case, switch to [AUTO] to shoot with the flash.
- • In the Continuous mode, even if [Multi-P AUTO] has already been selected, the white balance is changed to [AUTO] automatically.
[M] Manual Settings
Set white balance manually as follows.
- 1 Choose [M] from the White balance mode options, and point the camera at a piece of paper, or something white, under the lighting conditions for shooting. Then press the [DISP.] button.
- 2 White balance will be set, the screen will be re-displayed.
- 3 Press the [MENU/OK] button.
- 4 It returns to the shooting screen and the [M] symbol appears on the screen. If the result is not as expected, repeat steps 1~3 to change the settings as many times as required.
In [Detail] option, Select a value in 16 levels options, including settings close to [Incandescent Lamp], [Outdoors] and [Cloudy].
- 1 Choose [CT] from the White balance mode options, and press the [DISP.] button
- 2 The white balance detailed settings screen appears. Press [+] [-] buttons to select a setting, and then press the [MENU/OK] button.
- 3 It returns to the shooting screen and the [CT] symbol appears on the screen.
To exit [Detail], select a mode other than [CT] in step 1.
Date created: February 29, 2012
Date modified: --
Product: GXR (RICOH LENS A16 24-85mm F3.5-F5.5)
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.