GXR FAQs - By Product
[Question] Is Flash exposure compensation available ?
Yes, you can adjust the light intensity of internal flash. The Flash exposure compensation is a good option for situations such as; you'd like to reduce the flash amount when close photographing at macro that would tend to be overexposed by the flash, or a case in which you'd like to use an auxiliary light to make less of a shadow on the subject in backlit conditions.
This feature is available from : Shooting menu > [Flash Exposure Compensation]. You can set the light intensity from -2.0 EV to + 2.0 EV in increments of 1/2 EV or 1/3 EV.
The step value of the compensation can be set with [Exposure/Flash Comp Step] in the Setup menu.
Press [OPEN/] button to pop-up the flash cover in advance. Flash will not work without opening the flash cover.
For controlling flash amount, follow the procedure below.
|1.||Press the [MENU/OK] button in a shooting mode.|
|2.||With the [-] [+] buttons, choose the [Flash Exposure Compensation] then click the with the [F2] button.|
|3.||The flash control bar will appear in the screen. Adjust the value with the [-] [+] buttons.|
|4.||Press [MENU/OK] button to set the value. Or press [Fn1] button once and then press the [MENU/OK] button. The configured setting will appear in the screen except when the flash setting is OFF.|
- • Flash exposure compensation may not work outside the flash range.
- • The flash range varies depending on the attached camera unit. The following is the reference for each camera unit. (at ISO AUTO, from the front of the lens)
- • GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5 : approx. 0.2 ~ 3.0 m
- • GR LENS A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO : approx. 0.2 ~ 3.0 m
- • RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC : approx. 0.2 ~ 4.5 m (Wide) / approx. 0.15 ~ 2.7 m (Tele)
- • RICOH LENS P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC : approx. 0.2 ~ 4.0 m (wide) / approx. 0.27 ~ 2.5 m (Tele)
For the details on the flash, see the following FAQ.
The GXR is compatible with the optional flash unit (GF-1). See the FAQ below for GF-1 usage.
Date created: December 17, 2010
Product: GXR (GR LENS A12 28mm F2.5)
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.