GR DIGITAL IV : What type of batteries can I use with the camera ?
You can use the following type of batteries with the GR DIGITAL IV.
Rechargeable battery : DB-65 or DB-60
This is a lithium-ion battery. The battery charger (BJ-6) is required to charge the battery. This is the most efficient option since the battery will maintain the charge for a long time and can be recharged.
AAA alkaline batteries (available in stores)
These are relatively-available everywhere, so it is convenient while travelling. However, in low-temperature, the storage capacity of shots will decrease.
AAA Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries (available in stores)
This is an economical option as one can recharge and reuse it over again. Please use a battery charger available in stores. The nickel-metal hydride batteries available in stores may not be charged and consequently may not supply power immediately after purchase or when left unused for more than a month. The batteries may need to be recharged two or three times before use. The batteries self-discharge over time even if the camera is not used, so recharge them before use.[Note]
- •Use only genuine RICOH rechargeable batteries, DB-65 or DB-60. Please never use other lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. See this site for the details.
- •The nickel-metal hydride batteries available in store are not factory-charged. Charge them before use.
- •The nickel-metal hydride batteries may not be charged and consequently may not supply power immediately after purchase or when left unused for more than a month. In such case, recharge the batteries two or three times before use.
- •The life of AAA alkaline battery depends on the brand and the storage time from the date of production. In addition, the life of an alkaline battery becomes shorter at low temperatures.
- •Other batteries, such as manganese dry cell and Ni-cd batteries, cannot be used.
- •Batteries may become very hot immediately after operation. For removing batteries, turn the camera off and leave it to cool down sufficiently.
- •Please remove the battery if you are not going to use the camera for a long period of time.
The battery level in the picture display may not indicate correctly depending on the battery that is used.
Date created: September 16, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: GR DIGITAL IV
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Accessories
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.