GR DIGITAL IV : About the Dynamic Range mode (SCENE mode).
'The dynamic range' of a digital camera refers to the range of brightness that can be processed by the camera.
With Dynamic Range scene mode, two consecutive pictures are taken with different exposures and then are combined into one taking the properly exposed areas of each image.
When you shoot a scene with high contrast between sunlight and shade, the bright areas appear overly bight and the image does not look natural. This is because the range of brightness that can be processed by the camera is narrower than that of the human eye.
When you shoot with the Dinamic Range scene mode, the scene is reproduced with a smooth transition from the bright areas to the dark areas, allowing you to capture a more natural-looking image.
Caution for camera shake
Be sure to use a tripod for the Dynamic Rangae scene mode. This mode uses a longer shooting time than other modes, so be caureful of camera shake when taking pictures. THe camera shake warning symbol is always displayed.
Even if you use a tripod, camera may move when you press the shutter release button. In such a case, we would recommend using the self-timer feature, or a cable switch (CA-2, optional).
Limitations on Dymamic Range mode
- • The RAW mode is unavailable in the [Picture Quality / Size].
- • The digital zoom is disabled.
- • The flash cannot be used.
- • The Dynamic Range Double shot may not be effective if the shooting location is overly bright or dark.
- • When shooting a fast-moving subject, the subject may be distorted in the recorded image.
- • If you take a picture under fluorescent lights, due to flickering, color or brightness may not be recorded properly.
The Dynamic Range mode is in the SCENE mode.
- 1 Turn the mode dial to the [SCENE].
The option currently selected for SCENE mode appears in the top of the picture display.
- 2 Press the [MENU/OK] button. A menu of scene mode options will be displayed.
- 3 Press the upper arrow button or the down arrow button to choose the [Dynamic Range Mode] to press [MENU/OK] button.
- 4 The [DR] icon will appear in the top of the picture display. You will be ready to shoot.
Plus Normal Shooting option
The [Plus Normal Shooting] option is available.
If you choose this option, two images are recorded, one with enhanced dynamic range, and the other with normal shooting.
Dynamic Range Expantion option
The [Dynamic Range expansion] option is available in the Shooting menu.
The stronger the expansion effect, the wider the range of brightness that can be processed by the camera. The effect can be selected from [Weak], [Medium], or [Strong].
Date created: September 16, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: GR DIGITAL IV
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.