GR DIGITAL IV : About the Interval Composite mode (SCENE mode).
This mode takes consecutive pictures with a set interval. The bright parts of the pictures taken in the interval shooting are synthesized to create a single composite image. This mode is useful for capturing the trail of stars and the moon etc.
The original images can be saved with [Save Interval Composite Img.] option.
- 1 Mount the camera on a tripod.
- 2 Turn the mode dial to [M], adjust apreture, shutter speed, ISO, White balance, focus mode, and compose framing.
Exposure is retained at this point and composition are made.
- 3 Turn the mode dial to [SCENE].
- 4 Press the MENU/OK button to show the scene mode selection, and set the [Interval Composite] scene mode.
Settings that are adjusted in [M] mode (in the step 2 above) are used.
- 5 Press the [Fn1] button, and button to go to the [Shooting] menu. Using the directional pad , set the option for [Interval Composite Time] and [Save Interval Composite Img.].
Interval Composite Time Set the shooting interval between 1 second and 1 hour for the interval composite shooting.
Set the interval longer than the shutter speed.
Save Interval Composite Img. Select an option for saving images in the interval composite shooting.
- • [Off] : Save a composite image only.
- • [Save Each Image] : Saves original pictures seperately from a composite image.
- • [Saving Image] : Saves images at each synthesis.
- 6 Start shooting. Press the shtter release button all the way down. Photographs will be taken automatically at the selected interval.
- To confirm the image in process ; press the shutter release button halfway. You will be able to view the composing image without stop the shooting.
- To reset the composition ; press the shutter release button all the way down. Consective pictures are composited and saved at the point, and then start another Interval Composite shooting.
- 7 Press the MENU/OK button to end shooting. The composed pictures will be saved.
- • The following mode cannot be used in the Interval Composite scene mode.
- • Flash
- • Digital zoom
- • If the MENU/OK button is pressed while image synthesis is in process, the image will not be synthesized.
- • The values for the first shot are applied to the following settings of the succeeding shots.
- • [Auto] or [Auto-Hi] for [ISO Setting]
- • [Auto] for [White Balance]
- • AF works at the first shot only.
- • Self-Timer is avilable for the first shot only.
- • For capturing the trails of stars, the following settings are recommended.
[Focus] - ∞ (infinity); [Interval Composite Time] - 1 second.
- • Confirm that a star is displayed in a dot in a test shot. The dots will create a star trial when images are synthesized.
- • GV-1 / GV-2 (optional external viewfinder) will be useful when shooting under low light condition.
Date created: November 14, 2011
Date modified: --
Product: GR DIGITAL IV
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware Specifications, Hardware Operations
Do you need other helps? Please click any link you want from the following.