GXR FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the M mode (M: Manual Exposure mode) (P10).
Turning the mode dial to [M] (Manual Exposure mode) allows you to adjust the aperture and shutter speed manually.
* Some shutter speeds may not be available manually.
If [Auto] or [Auto-Hi] is selected for ISO sensitivity setting in the [M] mode, it will be fixed at ISO 100. If shutter speed is set to 1 second or longer, the maximum ISO available is ISO 400.
With the GXR with RICOH LENS P10, selectable f-numbers are as follows.
Making the shutter speed faster will capture a moment like having the fast-moving subject stop. Or making the shutter speed slower will capture a trail of the moving subject, which will be able to create the scene in fluid motion.
The procedures for shooting in Manual Exposure mode are shown below.
While pressing the mode dial lock release button, turn the mode dial to [M].
Adjust the aperture with the Up-down dial and select a shutter speed by pressing the ADJ. lever left or right, while keeping an eye on the exposure indicator.
Press the shutter release button halfway.
|4.||Gently press the shutter release button down the rest of the way.
- •Choose a slower shutter speed for longer exposure times. But this may cause camera shake. Hold the camera steadily in both hands or use a tripod in order to reduce blur.
- •If you shoot with a slow shutter speed, the picture display may turn off during shooting.
- •If [Auto] or [Auto-HI] is selected for ISO sensitivity setting in the [M] mode, ISO sensitivity value will be fixed at ISO 100. If shutter speed is set to 1 second or longer, the maximum ISO available is ISO 400.
- •The [One Press M Mode] in the Key Custom Options automatically sets the aperture and/or shutter speed close to an optimal exposure.
- •If [+/- Button] in the Key Custom Options is set to [Exposure Comp.], pressing [+] or [-] button in the M mode will not display the exposure compensation setting screen, but will instead automatically sets the shutter speed and/or aperture close to an optimal exposure (close to the center of the exposure indicator). This is useful when you want to use optimal exposure as a starting point for modifying exposure.
- •If [AE Lock] is assigned to the [Fn1] or [Fn2] buttons in [Set Fn1 Button] or [Set Fn2 Button] in the Key Custom Options, autoexposure (AE) lock is not available in Manual Exposure mode. Pressing the [Fn1] or [Fn2] button will automatically sets shutter speed or aperture close to an optimal exposure (close to the center of the exposure indicator). This is useful when you want to use optimal exposure as a starting point for modifying exposure.
- •If the shutter speed is set slower, the camera automatically processes photographs to remove noise. It may increase the time needed to record images to about twice the shutter speed.
|Date created:||July 2, 2010|
|Product:||GXR (RICOH LENS P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC)|
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.