GXR FAQs - By Product
[Question] Details on the flash modes.
Press [OPEN/] button to pop-up the flash cover in advance. Flash will not work without openning the flash cover.
Pressing the [OPEN/] button with the flash cover pop-up, the flash mode selection screen will appear.
Clicking the [OPEN/] button will switch the flash modes. The default setting is [AUTO].
- • The selected flash mode is displayed at the top left corner of the screen.
- • Auto focus/Flash lamp blinks while the flash charges. After completed charging, the lamp will turn off and the camera will be ready to shoot.
The kinds of the flash mode are shown below.
|Flash Off||The flash is off and will not fire.|
|Auto||The flash fires automatically when required.|
|Red-Eye Flash||Reduces "red-eye" in portraits taken with the flash.|
|Flash On||The flash fires with every shot.|
|Flash Synchro.||Combines the flash with slow shutter speeds. Use when taking portraits that include details of the background at night. Use of a tripod is recommended to prevent blur.|
|Manual Flash||The flash fires with every shot; flash output is fixed at the level selected for [Manual Flash Amount].|
- • Close the flash cover when it is not in use.
- • The flash mode settings remain in effect until they are changed using the [OPEN/] button.
- • The flash turns off automatically in Movie, Continuous, Auto Bracket, White Balance Bracket, Color Bracket.
- • The flash emits a pre-flash to increase the AE accuracy.
- • The built-in flash is not available when an external flash is used. For optional external flash unit (GF-1) operations, see the FAQ below.
- • The flash amount is not automatically adjusted in [Manual Flash].
- • Do not use the flash unit in close proximity to your subjects' eyes. Particular care should be observed when photographing infants. Do not direct the flash at the operator of a motor vehicle.
|The following flash settings are available in the GXR.|
- • Flash exposure compensation
This is a good option for situations such as; you'd like to reduce the flash amount to reduce the possibility of overexposure by the flash, or a case in which you'd like to use an auxiliary light to make less of a shadow on the subject in backlit conditions.
- • You can choose how the flash synchronizes with the shutter by selecting [1st Curtain] or [2nd Curtain].
[1st Curtain], which is useful for normal use, fires the flash when the shutter release button is pressed. However, [2nd Curtain] is useful for shooting moving subjects in slow synchronization because it allows you to shoot more natural trails of light.
Date created: April 12, 2010
Date modified: July 2, 2010
Product: GXR (GR LENS A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO), GXR (RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC), GXR (RICOH LENS P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC)
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.