GXR FAQs - By Product
[Question] Setting image quality and color (Image Settings).
The GXR allows you to control picture quality by changing vividness (color depth), contrast, sharpness, and color. The Vivid, Standard, Natural, Black & White, B&W (TE), Setting 1, or Setting 2 are selectable.
(A symbol is displayed on the screen if anything other than [Standard] has been selected.)
|Vivid||Take strong and vivid photos with heightened contrast and sharpness and maximum vividness.|
|Standard||Normal contrast, sharpness, and vividness.
The Std symbol is displayed at the DIRECT *1 Screen only.
|Natural||Creates a softer image than [Standard] with decrease in contrast, sharpness, and vividness.|
|Black & White||Take photos in black and white. Contrast and sharpness can be adjusted manually in 9 levels.|
|B & W (TE) *2||Create monochrome photos with a sepia, red, green, blue or purple tint for the toning effect. In addition, vividness, contrast, and sharpness can be adjusted manually in 9 levels.|
|Setting 1||You can set the original image quality by adjusting [Vividness], [Contrast], [Sharpness] and [Individual Color Settings].
[Vividness], [Contrast] and [Sharpness] can each be adjusted in 9 levels. In [Individual Color Settings], there are options for [Hue] and [Vividness], and each of them can be adjusted with [Orange], [Greens], [Blues], [Reds] and [Magenta]. These color settings also have 9 levels.
In the Setting 1/2, there is also [Recall Settings] option, which allows you to recall the value of image settings.
- *1 See the FAQ below.
- *2 [TE] : "Toning Effect".
The procedures for changing Image settings are shown below.
The Shooting menu will not be displayed if no camera unit is attached to the GXR body.
- 1Press the [MENU/OK] button in a Shooting mode.
- 1The shooting menu appears.
- In the SCENE mode select the [MODE] tab by pressing [Fn1] button. Then press [-] button once to display the Shooting menu.
- For the SCENE mode:
- 2Press [+] or [-] button to select [Image Settings], and then press [Fn2] button.
- 3Choose an option with [+] or [-] button.
- 4Press the [MENU/OK] button. Or, press [Fn1] button and then press the [MENU/OK] button. The selected option is fixed and the screen returns to the shooting screen.
- •If [Black & White], [B & W (TE)], [Setting 1] or [Setting 2] has been selected in step 3, individual adjustments are available. The procedures for these settings are shown below.
- •In the Setting 1/2, there is also [Recall Settings] option. This option allows you to recall the value of image settings. You can change the recalled value, and register the changed value to Setting 1 or 2. The procedures for these settings are shown below.
- [Image Settings] has been assigned to the ADJ. lever as default.
Date created: July 2, 2010
Date modified: July 6, 2010
Product: GXR (GR LENS A12 50mm F2.5 MACRO), GXR (RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC)
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.