CX3 FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the noise reduction feature.
This is a feature that the camera performs to reduce noise of the image when capturing still images.
Choosing an option, [Off], [Auto], [Weak], [Strong], or [MAX] in the [Noise Reduction] option. The time that is required to complete the recording of an image will vary depending on the option selected in the Noise Reduction.
The noise reduction options are available in the Shooting menu - [Noise Reduction].
For the operations on the Shooting menu, see the FAQ below.
[Memo] the Noise Reduction feature is unavailable in the following modes.
- •NR cannot be used in the Continous mode (Normal Continuous, M-Cont Plus, S-Cont).
- •NR cannot be used in the following SCENE mode; Portrait, Sports, Pets, Miniaturize, High Contrast B&W, Text mode, Skew Correc Mode.
- •NR cannot be used in the Movie mode.
- •NR works in S-AUTO mode, but the NR setting is fixed [Auto] and it is not selectable from the Shooting menu in S-AUTO mode.
- •If the noise reduction is [OFF], a JPEG image will be developed with the normal image processing in the imaging engine of camera.
Date created: February 3, 2010
Date modified: April 30, 2010
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.