CX3 FAQs - By Product
[Question] About movie shooting.
You can shoot movies with sound.
Available image sizes are 1280 x 720, 640 x 480, or 320 x 240 pixels. The number of frames shot per second (frame rate) *1 are 30 frames.
Each movie you shoot is recorded as an AVI file.
A movie consists of many frames whose images appear to be moving displayed at high speed.
The number of frames shot per second (frame rate) are 30 frames.
The procedures for shooting a movie are shown below.
|1||Turn the mode dial to the Movie mode.|
Press the shutter release button to start recording the movie.
When the shutter release button is pressed, the camera focuses on the subject.
|During recording, [REC] icon is blinking and the recording time and an available time are displayed. The movie is captured until the next pressing of the shutter release button.|
|3||Press the shutter release button to finish recording the movie.|
The shooting menu options availale in the Movie mode are as follows.
|Available settings||Options (*1: Default)|
|Movie size||1280 (*1), 640, 320|
|Focus (Movie)||Multi-AF (*1), Sport AF, Face-Pri.AF, Continuous AF, ∞ (Infinity)|
|Pre-AF||Off (*1), On|
|White balance||Auto (*1), Outdoors, Cloudy, Incandescent Lamp, Incandescent Lamp2, Fluorescent Lamp, Manual Settings|
See the FAQ below for the Shooting menu operations.
- •While shooting movies, operating sounds may be recorded.
- •The maximum shooting time available at once depends on the size of your memory card. Even if you are within the maximum shooting time, recording may end depending on your card.
- •The maximum recording time available per shooting is up to 29 minutes (or up to 4 GB even if it will not reach 29 minutes).
- •For example; the 4 GB size limitation will be about 13 minutes when shooting movies at 1280 x 720. Available time displayed on the screen will be 13 min. 17 sec. before the recording begins.
- •Actual time available depends on the size of your memory card. Even if you are within the maximum shooting time, recording may end depending on your card.
- •The camera shake correction function cannot be used in Movie mode. If you turn the mode dial to Movie mode while the camera shake correction function is enabled, the camera shake correction icon disappears from the picture display.
- •If you shoot a fast-moving subject, it may be distorted in the recorded image.
- •If you shoot under a fluorescent light, the light flickering may be recorded as a horizontal band.
Date created: February 3, 2010
Date modified: July 1, 2010
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.