GR DIGITAL III FAQs - By Product
[Question] Details on the [Auto Rotate] function during playback.
The default setting of [Auto Rotate] is [On]. This automatically corrects the image orientation during playback.An image shot with the camera held horizontally (in the widthwise direction) will also be displayed horizontally. If the image was shot with the camera held vertically (in the lengthwise direction), the image will be rotated to a vertical orientation.In viewing images with the camera held in the lengthwise direction, vertically shot images will be displayed in a vertical orientation and horizontally shot images will be automatically rotated to a horizontal orientation.
The direction of an image will not be automatically corrected if [Auto Rotate] is set to [Off].
[Images shot with the camera held in the widthwise direction]
(Black borders appear at the top and bottom of the screen during playback like below (right).)
[Images shot with the camera held in the lengthwise direction]
- * The image will not be automatically rotated during playback under the following circumstances even when [Auto Rotate] is set to [ON].
- • Image has been shot in Movie, S-Cont or M-Cont mode.
- • 3-frames view or thumbnail view is used for playback.
- • Camera was tilted sharply forward or backwards during shooting.
- • Camera was turned upside down (shutter release button pointing down) during shooting or playback.
- • amera orientation is changed during playback zoom.
- • Skew correction is being applied to the image during playback (correction area is displayed).
- * During slideshows or TV playback, the screen display assumes that the camera is being held in the widthwise direction, even if [Auto Rotate] is set to [On]. The image shot with the camera held in the widthwise direction will not be automatically rotated even If the camera is in the lengthwise direction during playback. And, the image will not be automatically rotated if the camera direction is changed during playback.
- • When recording pictures with the Continuous mode, or during Auto bracketing, White balance bracketing, the camera records the direction for only the first picture in each series. The remaining pictures will not be displayed in the correct direction if the camera direction is changed during shooting.
Date created: October 22, 2009
Date modified: --
Product: GR DIGITAL III
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware Operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.