GR DIGITAL III FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the M mode (M: Manual Exposure mode).Turning the mode dial to [M] (Manual Exposure mode) allows to adjust the aperture and shutter speed manually. You can select a shutter speed between 1/2000 second and 1/180 second.
- * Depending on the aperture value, some shutter speeds may not be available.
Select a low aperture value (open aperture) to emphasize the main subject by blurring background. Selecting a higher aperture value (close aperture) brings both the background and main subject into focus.
Making the shutter speed faster will capture a moment like having the fast-moving subject stop. Or making the shutter speed slower will capture a trail of moving subject, which will be able to create the scene in fluid motion.
The procedures for shooting in Manual Exposure mode are shown below.
- 1. Turn the mode dial to [M].
- 2. Adjust the aperture with the Up-down dial and select a shutter speed by pressing the ADJ. lever left or right, while keeping an eye on the exposure indicator.
- • You can change the function assignment between the Up-down dial and the ADJ. lever using [M Mode Dial Options] in the Setup menu. If the assignments are changed, the Up-down dial controls the shutter speed and the ADJ. lever works to adjust the aperture.
- • Optimal exposure is obtained when the indicator is in the middle.
- • Overexposure is indicated by the indicator being in the + range. Underexposure is indicated by the indicator being in the – range.
- • If exposure value is between -2EV and +2EV, the picture display changes in accordance with the exposure.
- • If exposure value is outside the -2EV ~ +2EV range, the indicator turns orange and the picture display will not change.
- 3. Press the shutter release button halfway.
- 4. Gently press the shutter release button down the rest of the way.
- • Choose a slower shutter speed for longer exposure times. But this may cause a camera shake. Hold the camera steadily in both hands or use a tripod in order to reduce blur.
- • If you shoot with a slow shutter speed, the picture display may turn off during shooting.
- • If [Auto] or [Auto-HI] is selected for [ISO Setting] in the M mode, ISO sensitivity value will be fixed at 100.
- • The [One Press M Mode] options automatically set the aperture and/or shutter speed to close an optimal exposure.
- • If [Zoom Button] in the Key Custom Options is set to [Exposure Comp.], pressing the zoom buttons in the M mode will not display the exposure compensation setting screen, but will instead automatically set the shutter speed and/or aperture to close an optimal exposure (close to the center of the exposure indicator). This is useful when you want to use optimal exposure as a starting point for modifying exposure.
- •If [AE Lock] is assigned to the [Fn1] or [Fn2] buttons in [Set Fn1 Button] or [Set Fn2 Button] in the Key Custom Options, autoexposure (AE) lock is not available in Manual Exposure mode. Pressing the [Fn1] or [Fn2] button will automatically set shutter speed or aperture to close an optimal exposure (close to the center of the exposure indicator). This is useful when you want to use optimal exposure as a starting point for modifying exposure.
- • If the shutter speed is10 seconds or slower, the camera automatically processes photographs to remove noise, increasing the time needed to record images to about twice the shutter speed.
Date created: October 22, 2009
Date modified: --
Product: GR DIGITAL III
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware Operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.