CX2 FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the DB-70, rechargeable battery.
This is the lithium-ion rechargeable battery for this camera. It is economical because you can recharge and use it over again. It has long duration, so it will be useful for travelling.
Storage capacity of shot as a general guide:
Approximate number os shots you can take on a single charge :
With LCD Auto Dim [On] ; Approx. 290 pictures
With LCD Auto Dim [Off] ; Approx. 270 pictures
- •The data is based on the measurement conditions compliant with the CIPA standard. (Temperature : 23 degrees C, pictures display On, 30 seconds between shots, changing the zoom setting from telephoto to wide-angle or wide-angle to telephoto for each shot, 50% flash usage, turning the power off after each 10 shots)
- •Set the camera display off (synchro-monitor mode) to increase the number of shots you can take.
- •The number of shots is for reference only. If the camera is used for long pieriods of time for setting and playback, the available shooting time (the number of shots) will decrease. If you intend to use the camera for a long period of time, taking a spare battery is recommended.
Charging : Approx. 100 minutes (at 25 degrees C)
- •Use a battery charger, BJ-7 for this camera.
- •If you do not use a camera for a long period, remove the rechargeable battery from the camera.
- •Keep the battery in a cold place.
Battery level indication
A battery mark appears at the lower right of the picture display to indicate the battery level. Recharge the battery before it is deplated. The following figures show a guide for your reference.
|1. Sufficient battery power|
|2. Low remaining battery power. Recommend preparing new batteries, or recharging the battery.|
|3. No remaining battery power. Replace with a new battery or recharge the battery.|
- •The battery may become very hot immediately after operation.Turn the camera off and leave it to cool down sufficiently before removing the battery.
- • Please remove the battery if you are not going to use the camera for a long period of time. But removing the battery will clear some settings (such as date and time). Check the settings of the camera in such a case. See the FAQ below about the period that can store the setting.
- • Use only genuine RICOH rechargeable batteries, DB-70. Please never use other lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
- •Do not disassemble, alter or solder the battery directly to an object.
- •Do not expose the battery to direct hear ot flame, and do not use or store it near a fire or a location, usch as an automobile, subject to high temperatures. In addtion, do not immerse or dampen the battery in water, saltwater, or any liquid.
- •Do not puncture the battery any sharp objects, hit it with a hammer or similar device, step on it, drop it or subject it to strong shock.
- •Do not use a battery if it is damaged or deformed.
- •To prevent the battery fluids leak, becomes hot, smoke, explosion, please observe the following.
- •Use only the specified RICOH genuine rechargeable battery.
- •Do not transport or store the battery with metalic ball pens, necklaces, coins or similar metallic items.
- •Do not place the battery in microwave ovens or other high-voltage appliances.
- •If the battery fluids leak, it produces strange smells, it looks discoloration during using or charging, immediately remove it from the vicinity of heat or flame.
- •If the fluids leak from the battery touch the skin, it may cause burn. If you touch the damaged battery, immediately clean with water (never use soap). And if the fluids leak from the battery touch the camera, clean off the fluids from the camera, and then load a new battery.
Date created: October 8, 2009
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.