CX2 FAQs - By Product
[Question] What is the Auto resize zoom?
This function allows you to crop and record a shot image. Conventional digital zoom enlarges a portion of an image to a set magnification. Whereas, auto resize zoom saves the cropped portion of the image, the image quality is not decreased by enlargement, however the image size may become smaller. The image recording size changes depending on the auto resize zoom magnification.
Auto resize zoom is available only when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to 3456 × 2592.Example: 3456 x 2592 (9M) image (original)
Auto resize zoom crops an image with 9M to 7M, 5M, 3M, 1M and VGA(640x480) without enlargement.
Cropped image examples : images are simulated.
|Zoom Magnification||Focal Length||Image Size|
|Approx. 1.0x||300mm||3456×2592 (9M)|
|Approx. 1.1x||330mm||3072×2304 (7M)|
|Approx. 1.3x||400mm||2592×1944 (5M)|
|Approx. 1.7x||500mm||2048x1536 (3M)|
|Approx. 2.7x||810mm||1280×960 (1M)|
|Approx. 5.4x||1620mm||640×480 (VGA)|
- *Values of the focal length are equivalent to those on 35 mm filmcameras.
The digital zoom enlarges a cropped image with interpolation. The higher digital zooming, the larger magnification with the smaller area. The image size (pixel dimensions) is same as the original one, and it looks as if it were the extension of digital zoom, however, it is grainy and has a lot of noise.
Example: An enlargement of a trimmed (cropped) image
- •The digital zoom is enabled when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to a size other than 3456 x 2592.
- •The digital zoom is enabled when Scene mode is set to [Skew Correct Mode], even when [Auto Resize] has been selected.
- •If Auto resize zoom is used with the picture quality set to [Fine] mode, the compression ratio changes to [Normal] mode when recording.
[Setting Auto Resize Zoom]
- 1With camera power on, press the [MENU] button.
- 2 Press the [ADJ./OK] button , and then press to display the setup menu.
- 3 Press the [ADJ./OK] button , and then press to select [Digital Zoom Image]. Press the [ADJ./OK] button .
- 4 Press the [ADJ./OK] button to select [Auto Resize].
- 5 Press the [ADJ./OK] button. Or, press the [ADJ./OK] button to confirm the setting, and then press the [ADJ./OK] button.
- 6 Press and hold the zoom lever to the right (Enlarge) until the maximum magnification is reached on the zoom bar, then momentarily release the zoom lever, and then press the zoom lever to the right (Enlarged View) again.
- • Each time you press the zoom lever towards telephoto, the image is resized by one setting.
- • The size at which the image is recorded is displayed above the zoom bar.
Date created: September 4, 2009
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware Operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.