CX6 : Can I download images to a computer without installing software ? (Windows)
This varies depending on the operating system in your computer.
See "Compatibility of the USB Mass Storage".
When you connect a USB peripheral device to a computer, a computer will recognize it as a removable device, such as a hard disk drive or a floppy disk, which is called as the USB mass storage or the USB storage class.
- •The camera USB setting must be set to [Mass Storage]. Go to [Setup] menu > [USB Connection Type] > [Mass Storage].
- • If [DC software 2] is installed in the computer, find the DL-10 icon in the task bar to quite the DL-10 in advance.
Caution for connections
- • Do not turn the camera power off or disconnect the USB cable during the image download. The files will not be transferred correctly.
- • Do not use the computer to format the SD memory card or the internal memory. Use the camera to format the SD memory card or the internal memory.
- • Be sure to stop the connection before removing the USB cable.
- • You cannot write data to the internal memory in the camera.
- • Only one Ricoh digital camera can be connected to one computer. Do not connect multiple Ricoh cameras to one computer at the same time.
- • When downloading images from your camera, load a battery with adequate remaining power in the camera.
- • When an SD memory card is inserted in the camera, its files will be displayed as the contents of the drive in [My Computer]. If there is no SD memory card inserted, the files in the internal memory will be displayed as the contents of the drive in [My Computer].
Connect to a Windows computer
- 1 Turn the camera power off, connect the supplied USB cable to an USB port on the computer.
- 2 Connect the supplied USB cable to the common terminal for USB port / AV output of the camera (gray).
- • The power of the camera comes on. "Connecting to PC" message.
- • The file required to recognize the camera as an external drive is automatically loaded.
- • Once the preparations have been completed, the camera appears in [My Computer] as a drive.
- 3 Copy the images from a camera to a certain folder in a computer.
- • The folder structures of the drive is shown below.
- • If the contents of the SD memory card are displayed, the drive name is [RICOHDCX] (screenshot above). If the contents of the internal memory are displayed, the drive name is [RICOHDCI] (screenshot below).
- • If a file with the same name already exists in the download destination, it will be overwritten. If you do not want the existing file to be overwritten, you should download the file to another folder or rename the existing file in the download destination folder.
Disconnect from a Windows computer
- 4 When the image download has finished, disconnect the camera from the computer.
Double-click on the icon for [Safely Remove Hardware], or for [Unplug or Eject Hardware] on the right end of the task bar. Below are examples but the appearance may vary depending on the OS version.
- If the remove hardware icon is not displayed in Windows 7, click icon button in the task bar.
- 5 Select "USB Mass Storage Device" and click on [Stop].
- 6 Check that "USB Mass Storage Device" is selected, and click [OK].
- 7 Check that "USB Mass Storage Device" has disappeared, and click [Close].
- 8 Disconnect the USB cable.
- • If the USB cable is disconnected without disabling the connection, the Unsafe Removal of Device screen may be displayed. Be sure to stop the connection before removing the USB cable.
- • Do not disconnect the USB cable during image downloading. Make sure that downloading has completed, disable the connection, and then disconnect the cable.
Date created: November 16, 2011
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Software / OS compatibility
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.