CX6 : What is the Auto resize zoom ? / What is the different between [Auto Resize Zoom] and [Normal] for [Digital Zoom Image] ?
This function allows you to crop and record a shot image. Conventional digital zoom enlarges a portion of an image to a set magnification. Whereas, auto resize zoom saves the cropped portion of the image, the image quality is not decreased by enlargement. The image recording size changes depending on the auto resize zoom magnification.
Auto resize zoom is available only when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to 4:3F, 4:3N (3648 × 2736) only.* All images below are are simulated.
Example: 4:3 (3648 x 2736) image (original)
Auto resize zoom
Auto resize zoom crops an image with , to 4:3F, 4:3F, 4:3F, or 4:3F (same magnification) without enlargement.Cropped image examples :
As shown above, you can save the cropped image. Regardless of the magnification ratio, the image quality of the cropped image is as same as the original one. (However, when you increase the magnification ratio, the image size will become smaller.)
|Zoom Magnification||Focal Length||Image Size|
|Approx. 1.0x||300mm||4:3F, 4:3N|
The digital zoom enlarges a cropped image with interpolation. The higher digital zooming, the larger magnification with the smaller area. The image size (pixel dimensions) is the same as the original one, and it looks as if it were the extension of digital zoom, however, it is grainy and has a lot of noise.Example: An enlargement of a trimmed (cropped) image
(from the left; original image >> trimming >> enlarging)
Note on [Auto Resize Zoom]
- • If Auto resize zoom is used with the picture quality set to [Normal] mode, the compression ratio changes to [Fine] mode when recording.
- •[Auto Resize] has no effect in some modes. The limitations in each shooting mode, consult the chart in the FAQ below.
Setting Auto Resize Zoom
Auto Resize Zoom options are located; Setup menu > [Digital Zoom Image].
- 1 In the Setup menu, press the ADJ./OK button , and choose [Digital Zoom Image], and then press the ADJ./OK button to the right to show the options.
- 2 Press the [ADJ./OK] button , and choose [Auto Resize], and press the ADJ./OK button.
- 3 Press and hold the zoom lever to the right (Enlarge) until the maximum magnification is reached on the zoom bar, then momentarily release the zoom lever, and then press the zoom lever to the right (Enlarged View) again.
- •Each time you press the zoom lever towards telephoto, the image is resized by one setting.
- •The size at which the image is recorded is displayed above the zoom bar.
Date created: December 5, 2011
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.