CX6 : What is the Multi-target AF function?
The camera automatically determines 5 focus positions and shoots 5 pictures with the focus on a different position in each one. The 5 still images are grouped together as a set and are recorded as an MP file
*1. This function is especially useful for telephoto shooting and shooting with macro mode.
After shooting, you can also select the images whose focus positions you like and save them as JPEG files. (See the related link below.)
*1 : MP file (Multi-Picture file)
It is a file format that records multiple still images as one file. You can export specific frames from an MP file and save it as separate still images (JPEG files) in the camera.
Multi-target AF operations
- 1 Turn the mode dial to a shooting mode.
- 2 Press the [MENU] button to display the shooting menu.
- 3 Push the [ADJ./OK] button down to select [Focus], then push the [ADJ./OK] button right to show the options.
- 4 Choose [Multi-trgt AF] with the [ADJ./OK] button .
- 5 Press the [ADJ./OK] button. It returns to the shooting screen, and the symbol appears in the picture display.
- 6 Compose your picture and half-press the shutter release button.
- • The camera automatically detects multiple focus positions.
- • The green Ο symbol appears on the screen when a focus position is detected.
- • The determined focus positions are displayed only during playback.
- • If a focus position cannot be detected, the orange Ο symbol blinks on the screen.
- 7 Press the shutter release button all the way down. Consecutive shooting starts, and when the five frames are shot, they are recorded as one MP file.
- • The flash cannot be used.
- • [Custom-Self] for Self-timer, and [Interval shooting] cannot be used when [Multi-Target AF] is set.
- • The camera shake correction function cannot be used. If [Multi-trgt AF] is set while the camera shake function is turned on, camera shake correction symbol in the picture display changes to disabled symbol .
- • If this function is turned on when using the digital zoom, the digital zoom is disabled and shooting is performed at the maximum magnification for the optical zoom (10.7x).
- • [White Balance] functions according to the [Auto] setting, even if it is set to [Multi-P AUTO].
- •Multi-Target AF cannot be used in some shooting mode. The limitations in each shooting mode, consult the chart in the FAQ below.
Date created: December 5, 2011
Date modified: --
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.