CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] What is the Super Resolution Zoom (SR zoom) ?
Super Resolution is a new feature equipped in the CX5. The Super Resolution zoom (SR zoom) technology is applied in the zoom range from 300mm - 600mm (35 mm filmcamera equivalent). Super Resolution zoom captured images have minimal degradation in image quality than digital zoom.
- • In the zoom range from 300mm - 600mm always work the Super Resolution zoom. (No options available for the [Super Resolution] On / Off.)
- • The Super Resolution zoom is used, [SR] icon will be displayed above the zoom bar.
Example for zoom bar
(35 mm film camera
|Optical zoom||28 - 300 mm||in white||No icon|
|Super Resolution zoom||300 - 600 mm||in green||[SR]|
|Digital zoom||600 - 2880 mm||in green||[SR] / [DZ]|
* [DZ] : Digital zoom
While zooming, the zoom bar will be displayed as; the optical zoom in white (max. 10.7x), the Super Resolution zoom in green (max. 2.0x).
- • The SR zoom is unavailable in the Movie mode, Continuous Mode, Creative Shooting Mode.
- • Step Zoom is available in SR zoom. If the Step Zoom is On, the focal distance will fixed as follows; 8 steps in the optical zoom, 2 steps in the SR zoom.
- • SR zoom is enabled when the [Digital Zoom Image] is set to [Normal] (default) in the Setup menu.
- • If [Super Resolution] is set to [Strong] or [Weak] in the Shooting menu, the [SR] icon will be displayed even in the optical zoom range.
Date created: January 28, 2011
Date modified: March 11, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.