CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] About the zoom feature.
The CX5 has the zoom feature below (for still images).
- *10.7x optical zoom feature (from 28 mm at the wide end to 300 mm at the tele end )
- *2.0x super resolution zoom feature (from 300 mm to 600 mm). Combination with this super resolution zoom will allow you to use max. 21.4x (equivalent to 600 mm)
- *4.8x digital zoom. Combination with this digital zoom will allow you to use max. 103x (equivalent to 2880 mm)
If you set [Step Zoom] On, it allows you to move a zoom position to a fixed step quickly as follows.
[Optical zoom] in 8 levels (equivalent to: 28, 35, 50, 85, 105, 135, 200, 300 mm)
[Super Resolution zoom] in 2 levels (equivalent to: 450, 600 mm)
[Super Resolution Zoom]The Super Resolution zoom (SR zoom) technology is applied in the zoom range from 300mm - 600mm. Super Resolution zoom captured images have minimal degradation in image quality than digital zoom.
The SR zoom always work in the zoom range from 300 mm - 600 mm.
[Digital Zoom]While you can use the normal zoom to enlarge the subject up to 10.7x, digital zooming allows you to enlarge the subject still further (up to another 4.8x at maximum).
To use the digital zooming, turn and hold the zoom lever toward until the maximum magnification is reached on the zoom bar, then momentarily release the zoom lever, and then turn the zoom lever again toward . The digital zoom magnification will be displayed on the zoom bar.
Zoom operationsIn a shooting mode, turn the zoom lever to the tele side (to the right), or to the wide side (to the left).
The zoom bar at the left on the screen will show the current zoom position.
The white part of the zoom bar indicates the optical zoom (up to 10.7x).
The green part of the zoom bar indicates the Super Resolution zoom (up to 2.0x). When using the Super Resolution zoom, [SR] symbol and the zoom ratio (green) appear above the zoom bar.
When using the digital zoom, [DZ] symbol and the zoom ratio (yellow) appears above the zoom bar.
Auto Resize zoom in [Digital Zoom Image] optionsAuto resize zoom option is also available when you set [Auto Resize] for [Digital zoom Image] in the Setup menu. (Only when [Picture Quality/Size] is set to 4:3F, or 4:3N.) See the FAQ below for the details.
Zoom feature in moviesThe Super Resolution zoom is unavailable in the movie mode. Only digital zoom is available, the maximum digital zoom magnification varies depending on the movie size.
- •The Super Resolution zoom is enabled when the [Normal] option (default) is selected for [Digital Zoom Image] in the Setup menu.
- •The Super Resolution zoom cannot be used in movie mode, continuous mode, or Creative Shooting mode.
- •Digital zoom will not be available in Dynamic Range Double Shot, Multi-trgt AF.
Date created: March 11, 2011
Date modified: May 31, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.