CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] Is face recognition feature available ?
The face recognition feature is available from; Shooting menu > Focus > [Face Pri. Multi].
With this feature, the camera will automatically detect a face(s) who face the front to the camera, and will focus on the face(s) preferentially.
When a face(s) is recognized, a blue frame appears in the size that the camera detects the face. Up to 8 faces at maximum can be recognized. If no faces are detected, the camera focuses using [Multi AF].
* The image is simulated by composition, it differs from the actual display.
Regarding white balance; optimal white balance will be selected automatically. If no face is detected, [Multi-P AUTO] will be applied. (Any white balance symbol is not displayed in the monitor.)
In the Shooting menu, push the ADJ./OK button
, choose the [Focus], and then push the ADJ./OK button to the right
Push the ADJ./OK button , choose the [Face Pri. Multi] option, and press the ADJ./OK button.Changing a focus option is available in the Shooting menu.
See the FAQ below about the focus.
[Caution]The camera may not be able to recognized faces in the following cases:
- •When the face is side-view, tilted, or moving
- •When the camera is tilted or upside down (the shutter release button is facing down)
- •When part of the face is hidden
- •When the face is not clearly visible because of dark surroundings
- •When the subject is too far away (Make sure that the face appearing in the picture display is vertically longer than 1 block marked by the 3 x 3 grid guide.
- •When the face is at the edge of the picture display
Date created: February 18, 2011
Date modified: May 31, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.