CX5 FAQs - By Product
[Question] Details on the My Settings modes.
The My Settings function allows you to easily shoot with your favorite settings. You can register two groups of settings as "My Settings". Turning the mode dial to MY1 allows you to shoot with the settings registered in [MY1]. Turning the mode dial to MY2 allows you to shoot with the settings registered in [MY2].
Items that can be saved in My Settings
|Shooting mode ( Scene Auto mode excluded)||Time Exposure|
|Focus position for MF (Manual Focus)||Custom Self-Timer|
|Dynamic Range Expansion||Camera Shake Correction|
|Soft Focus options||Slow Shutter Limit|
|Toy Color||White Balance|
|Plus Normal Shooting||ISO Setting|
|Picture Quality/Size||Step Zoom|
|Density||Digital Zoom Image|
|Focus||Grid Guide Display Options|
|Exposure Metering||Function Guide|
|Image Settings||Minimum Distance|
|Super Resolution||USB Connection Type|
|Noise Reduction||Zoom position|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||Macro|
|Auto Bracket||Flash mode|
|FOCUS-BKT||Grid Setting Value ([Golf Swing Continuous Mode] in the SCENE mode|
|Exposure Time ([Fireworks] in the SCENE mode)|
|Brightness / Color ([Cooking] in the SCENE mode)|
- 1 Change the camera settings to the settings that you want to register as "My Settings". The procedure below is to register the current camera settings.
- 2 Press the [MENU] button. The shooting menu or the playback menu is displayed.
- 3 Push the [ADJ./OK] button , then press , display the setup menu.
- 4 Push the [ADJ./OK] button , then push to select [Reg. My Settings] and push .
- 5 A confirmation message appears, asking you whether you want to register your settings as [MY1] or [MY2].
Push the [ADJ./OK] button to the right or the left to select [MY1] or [MY2], and press the [ADJ./OK] button.
- [OK]:The current camera settings are registered, and the display returns to the setup menu.
- [DISP]:If you would like to cancel them, press the DISP. button.
- 6 Press the [MENU] or [ADJ./OK] button.
- 7 Turn the mode dial to [MY1] or [MY2] and shoot. You can shoot in the registered settings.
- • You can also change the camera settings when using My Settings mode. If you want to register the changed settings as "My Settings", perform the above steps 2 to 6. After you have changed the settings, the camera returns to the newly registered settings for MY1 and MY2 even if the mode is changed or the camera is turned off.
- • In a My setting mode, if you change some settings but you don't re-assign them with the above steps (from 2 to 6), the last changes will not be saved and original MY1 or MY2 setting remains after you turn the mode dial or turn off a camera.
Date created: March 11, 2011
Date modified: July 27, 2011
Operating system: --
Category: Hardware specifications, Hardware operations
Useful LINKs:Do you need other information? Please click any link you want from the following.