Recent Press Releases
|LCD viewfinder *1||VF-1|
|Wide conversion lens *2||DW-6|
|Tele conversion lens *2||TC-1|
|Hood and adapter||HA-2|
|Neck strap *3||ST-2|
|Self retaining lens cap||LC-1|
- *1The VF-1 LCD view finder is included in "GX200 VF KIT".
- *2The HA-2 hood and adapter is required when using the wide conversion lens or the tele conversion lens.
When the wide conversion lens or the tele conversion lens is attached, the internal flash cannot be used because vignetting may occur.
- *3The ST-1 neck strap for the GX/GX8 cannot be used.
GX200 Main Specifications
|Number of Effective Pixels (Camera)||Approximately 12.1 million pixels|
|Image Sensor||1/1.7" primary-color CCD (total pixels: approx. 12.4 million)|
|Lens||Focal Length||f=5.1 to 15.3mm
(35mm film equivalent focal length 24 to 72mm. With Step Zoom set, the following fixed focal lengths possible: 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 72mm)
|F-aperture||Ｆ2.5 (wide) to F4.4 (telephoto)|
|Shooting Distance||Normal shooting: Approx. 30cm to infinity (wide-angle), approx. 30cm to infinity (telephoto) (from the front of the lens)|
|Macro shooting: Approx. 1.0cm to infinity (wide-angle), approx. 4.0cm to infinity (telephoto), approx. 1.0cm to infinity (zoom macro) (from the front of the lens)|
|Lens Construction||11 elements in 7 groups|
|Zoom Magnification||Optical zoom: 3.0 times (35mm film equivalent focal length 24 to 72mm)
Digital zoom: 4.0 times, up to 12 times (288mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
Auto resize zoom: 6.3 times, up to 18.9 times (450mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom (VGA image)
|Focus Mode||Multi AF (CCD method)/Spot AF (CCD method)/Manual Focus/Snap/Infinity (with focus lock and AF aux. light)|
|Motion Blur Reduction||CCD shift method image stabilizer|
|Shutter Speed *1||Still Image||180, 120, 60, 30, 15, 8, 4, 2, 1～1/2000 seconds|
|Movie||1/30 to 1/2000 seconds|
|Exposure Adjustment||Exposure Metering Mode||Multi Light Metering (256 segments)/Center-weighted Light Metering/Spot Metering (TTL-CCD metering, AE lock available)|
|Exposure Mode||Program AE/Aperture Priority AE/Manual Exposure|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual Exposure Compensation (+2.0 to -2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps), Auto Bracket Function (-0.5 EV, ±0, +0.5 EV /-0.3 EV, ±0, +0.3 EV)|
|ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)||AUTO/AUTO-HI/ISO64/100/200/400/800/1600|
|White Balance Mode||Auto/Outdoors/Cloudy/Incandescent Lamp/Fluorescent Lamp/Manual Settings/Detail, White balance bracket function|
|Flash||Built-in Flash Mode||Auto (during low light and when subject is backlit)/Red-eye Flash/Flash On/Flash Synchro/Manual Flash (Full, 1/1.4, 1/2, 1/2.8, 1/4, 1/5.6, 1/8, 1/11, 1/16, 1/22, 1/32)/Flash Off|
|Built-in FlashRange||Approx. 20cm to 5.0m (wide-angle), approx. 15cm to 3.0m (telephoto) (ISO AUTO/ISO 400, from the front of the lens)|
|Flash Compensation||±2.0 EV (1/3 EV steps)|
|Picture Display||2.7" Transparent Amorphous Silicon TFT LCD, approx. 460,000 dots|
|Shooting Mode||Auto Shooting Mode/Program Shift Mode/Aperture Priority Mode/Manual Exposure Mode/Scene Mode (Movie/Portrait/Sports/Landscape/ Nightscape/Zoom Macro/Skew Correct Mode/Text Mode)/My Settings Mode|
|Picture Quality Mode *2||Ｆ (Fine)/N (Normal)/RAW (DNG file format) *3|
|Number of Recorded Pixels||Still Image||[4:3]4000×3000, 3264×2448, 2592×1944, 2048×1536, 1280×960, 640×480
|Recording Media||SD memory card, SDHC memory card (up to 16 GB), Internal Memory (approx. 54 MB)|
|Storage Capacity/ Time *4 (internal memory 54 MB)||Still Image||4000×3000 RAW: 2 pictures, F: 11 pictures, N: 20 pictures,
3984×2656 RAW: 2 pictures, F: 13 pictures, N: 23 pictures,
2992×2992 RAW: 3 pictures, F: 15 pictures, N: 27 pictures,
3264×2448 N: 30 pictures, 2592×1944 N: 48 pictures,
2048×1536 N: 74 pictures, 1280×960 N: 133 pictures, 640×480 N: 497 pictures
|Movie *5||640×480 (30 frames/sec.): 41 sec., 640×480 (15 frames/sec.): 1 min. 22 sec.,
320×240 (30 frames/sec.): 1 min. 22 sec.,
320×240 (15 frames/sec.): 2 min. 40 sec.
|Recording File Format||Still Image||JPEG （Exif ver2.21) *6, RAW(DNG)|
|Movie||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG format compliant)|
|Other Major Shooting Functions||Cont/S-Cont/M-Cont, Self-timer (operation time: approx. 10 sec./2 sec.), Interval Shooting (shooting interval: 5 sec. to 3 hr., in increments of 5 sec.) *7, Color Bracket, B&W (TE), Noise Reduction, Histogram, Grid Guide, Electronic Level, Hot Shoe|
|Other Major Playback Functions||Auto Rotate, Grid View, Enlarged View (maximum 16 times), Resize|
|Interface||USB2.0 (High-Speed USB) Mini-B, Mass Storage *8,
Audio Output 1.0Vp-p (75Ω)/Video OUT
|Video Signal Format||NTSC, PAL|
|Power Source||Rechargeable Battery (DB60)×1, AAA Dry Alkaline Battery×2,
AAA Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery×2, AC Adapter (AC-4c Optional) 3.8V
|Battery Consumption *9||Based on CIPA Standard DB60 usage: approx. 350 pictures,
AAA alkaline battery usage: approx. 30 pictures *10
|Dimensions||111.6mm(W)×58.0mm(H)×25.0mm(D) excluding projecting parts|
|Weight||Approx. 208g (excluding battery, SD memory card, and strap)
Accessories: approx. 30g (battery and strap)
|Operating Temperature||0°C - 40°C|
- *1 The shutter speed upper and lower limits vary depending on the shooting mode and flash mode.
- *2 The picture quality mode that can be set varies depending on the image size.
- *3 A JPEG file in Normal 640 or in Fine/Normal mode with the same size as the RAW file is recorded at the same time. The DNG file format is a RAW image file format and is the standard format of Adobe Systems.
- *4 The estimated number of pictures that can be recorded or the estimated recording time.
- *5 The maximum movie length that can be recorded at one time is either 90 minutes or 4 GB.
- *6 Compatible with DCF and DPOF. DCF is the abbreviation for "Design rule for Camera File system," a JEITA standard. (Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed.)
- *7 When the flash is set to [Flash Off].
- *8 Mass storage mode is supported by Windows Me, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OS9.0-9.2.2, and Mac OSX10.1.2-10.5.2.
- *9 The number of remaining shots is based on the CIPA standard and may vary depending on usage conditions. This is for reference only.
- *10 Using Panasonic AAA alkaline batteries.