Recent Press Releases
Ricoh releases fifth function-enhancing firmware update
for GR DIGITAL
This update provides functional improvements such as new settings for black and white images which installed in new product GR DIGITAL II.Ricoh announced today that it will release on November 22 the fifth function-enhancing firmware update for its GR DIGITAL * high-resolution compact digital camera, which has been well received in the two years since its launch.
- *GR DIGITAL is a high-end digital camera popular with professional photographers, experienced amateurs, and photo aficionados, and achieves high resolution in a compact body. It was first released on October 21, 2005 and is open priced.
The function-enhancing firmware can be downloaded free of charge from the Ricoh website.
- (1) In addition to traditional black-and-white, expressive new monochrome settings have been added
It is possible to select colors from sepia, red, green, blue, and purple.
(Sepia was added in the fourth function enhancement.)
Color depth, contrast, and sharpness settings can be specified in five levels.
- (2)Information display mode (external viewfinder mode)
When using the synchro-monitor mode, which turns off the LCD monitor display, it is possible to display only information such as aperture and shutter speed.
(Synchro-monitor mode was added in the first function enhancement.)
This mode is convenient to use when utilizing an external viewfinder.
- (3) Flash strength adjustment
Flash strength can be adjusted in 1/3 EV units from +2.0 EV to -2.0 EV.
- (4) Teleconversion lens operation
The GT-1 teleconversion lens (upcoming product) will be possible to attach to the GR DIGITAL. This enhancement adds a function for recognizing that the teleconversion lens has been mounted, modifies the focal distance information recorded in the EXIF file, and optimizes focus control.
- *The instructions for using these functions can also be downloaded from the Ricoh website.