The contest closed to new entries as of August 31, 2011.
We thank you for the many entries submitted.
Please read the following Submission Guidelines before entering your submission into the 11th RICOH PHOTO CONTEST (hereinafter referred to as "the CONTEST"). Submissions to the CONTEST are only accepted through the RICOH CONTEST website. Please note that by agreeing to the terms of the Submission Guidelines and clicking the [I agree to the Terms of the CONTEST and wish to apply] button, the CONTEST Applicant (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant") will be granting their consent to enter into an agreement with RICOH COMPANY, LTD. (hereinafter referred to as "RICOH"), the organizers of the CONTEST, to abide by the terms and conditions outlined in the Submission Guidelines.
The CONTEST is open to any and all who would like to enter, professional photographer and amateur alike, without regard to age, gender, or nationality. However, it is not open to employees of RICOH. Any submission that violates laws or contains images deemed offensive to public order or morality or is judged by the organizers as not fulfilling the spirit and intent of the CONTEST shall also be disqualified.
Image data submissions
Image data taken with a RICOH digital camera
JPEG format only *Image processing allowed.
Recommended image quality settings
As winning entries are to be exhibited at the RING CUBE photo gallery in the Ginza district of Tokyo and may be selected for use in the Calendar, it is recommended that you use the highest image quality settings for your particular camera model when taking photographs for the CONTEST. Images with aspect ratios of 1:1, 3:2, or 16:9 are acceptable for submission. * Photo montages will not be accepted for submission. (Photo montages use a combination of different images merged together to produce a single image.)
* RICOH may ask you to submit pre-processing image data for your submission later on. (This image data will be used in the selection process, in the printing and exhibition of winning entries, and for other similar purposes.)
How to Enter the Contest
Applicants can submit up to two photographs for entry through the Internet. RICOH asks that you first read the information on the CONTEST website thoroughly before clicking the "To apply" button. Fill out the required items on the Entry form and click "Confirm" to send it along with the photograph(s) you wish to submit. (RICOH will not accept submissions via any other entry method.) Submitted entry applications cannot be cancelled. If a single Applicant tries to submit more than two photographs, the third and subsequent images will be considered invalid. CONTEST Applicants are to be responsible for all fees associated with submission including resulting communications fees, etc.
• Applicants shall agree to allow RICOH the use of their submitted work(s) for free for the purposes listed below if selected for a prize. Applicants shall agree not to attempt to make a claim against RICOH and its affiliates for their personal rights as producers of the submitted works. Winning submissions to the RICOH PHOTO CONTEST shall be used in the following ways: (1) In exhibitions at photo gallery exhibitions organized by RICOH, (2) in posters, in calendars, in photo collections, in advertisements, and on websites owned or produced by RICOH and its affiliates, (3) as part of public relations and marketing materials used to advertise RICOH digital camera products, and (4) on signboards, etc. at the RING CUBE photo gallery located in the Ginza district of Tokyo.
• RICOH shall treat submissions that contain copyrighted works or likenesses as though the person submitting the photo owns the copyrights to the copyrighted works or likenesses, or else has obtained permission to use the copyrighted works or likenesses from the rights holder. It is the responsibility of the person submitting the photo to obtain permission to use images or likenesses of people in photos containing images of people from the people in advance to avoid infringement issues. RICOH shall be absolved of all responsibility and liability for legal problems associated with any submitted works. In addition, any submission that contains images of objects such as signboards, neon signs, etc. with brands, logos, or other factors deemed offensive to public order or morality shall be disqualified.
• Applicants who are found to have violated the terms and conditions of these Submission Guidelines shall be disqualified even if the offense is not discovered until after the Applicant's submission has been selected as a prize-winner. The disqualified Applicant shall be required to return any prizes received and shall not be allowed to appeal.
• Please be aware that the judges' decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
• Applicants who are under 20 years of age will be required to provide a signed consent form from their legal guardian before accepting any prizes.
• The Submission Guidelines were written based on the laws and regulations of Japan. The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction of the first trial for any and all disputes related to these Submission Guidelines.
• Image data for submitted works shall be deleted after an appropriate amount of time excepting that for the prize-winning entries.
• Only photographs taken by the Applicant himself or herself shall be accepted for submission. Only those photographs that have not been published or exhibited elsewhere and are not set for publication or exhibition shall be eligible for submission. (However, photographs published on the Applicant's webpage or in his or her blog shall be accepted for submission.)
• The copyrights for the submitted work shall belong to the applicant who produced the submitted photograph.
• The judges themselves shall decide which prize-winning entry shall be used for which month for the entries selected for the Calendar.
• RICOH will take sufficient care when handling the submitted works; however, RICOH shall accept no responsibility for lost or damaged data or related issues.
Treatment of Personal Information
Personal information collected during the course of this CONTEST shall be used only for purposes of contacting CONTEST Applicants, publishing the announcement of the entries selected for prizes, and producing statistical materials for the CONTEST. The personal information collected for the CONTEST shall be managed using appropriate security measures and shall not, as a general rule, be published or disclosed without the written consent of the Applicant.