Software Download > Caplio G4wide Firmware Upgrade Procedure
for MacOS - Version 2.00
The following instructions will guide you through the process of updating your camera's firmware.
1.) Confirm the version of the camera's current firmware
Please check the version of the camera's current firmware before beginning this update.
- 1.Turn the mode dial to [SETUP].
- 2.While pressing both the down arrow button and the telephoto button, turn the power on.
- 3.A table like the one below will be displayed on the monitor. If "V 1.00" (or a lower number) is displayed in the CPU2 field, you will need to update your camera's firmware to the most recent version. (If you have not done so already, please download the most recent version.)
Note: This screen will be displayed for about 20 seconds. You will not be able to turn the power off or use any of the other functions during this time. Please wait until this display finishes, at which point the SETUP screen will be displayed.
In order to complete this firmware update, you will need:
- 1.The Caplio G4 digital camera
- 2.The AC-4a AC adapter or fully charged batteries
- 3.An SD memory card to store the files on (this update cannot be performed using the camera's internal memory)
You might uncompress the downloaded file and extract its contents.
After these preparations are complete, you are ready to update your camera's firmware.
3.) Update procedure
- 1.Connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable.
- 2.Exit iPhoto or Ricoh Gate, before update.
- 3.Update programs differ from your compter's operating system.
Click on the Caplio G4wide Firmware Updater, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.MacOS X 10.1-10.5
Click on the Caplio G4wide Firmware Updater X, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.