Caplio R6 Firmware Upgrade Procedure
The following instructions will guide you through the process of updating your camera's firmware.
1. Confirm the version of the camera's current firmware
Please check the version of the camera's current firmware before beginning this update. If your camera's firmware is the latest version, you wil not need to update the firmware.
Turn off the camera and switch the mode selector to
(1) in the figure below.
|2.||While holding down the (2) [Macro Button] ,and then press the (3) [Playback Button] for a few seconds, until the information on the firmware version is displayed.|
|3.||A table like the one below will be displayed on the monitor. The MAIN field shows the current version of your camera's firmware. The following example indicates the firmware version 1.00.|
|Note: This screen will be displayed for about 20 seconds.|
In order to complete this firmware update, you will need:
- 1. A Caplio R6 camera.
- 2. A fully charged battery (DB-70).
- 3. An SD memory card to store the files on (this update cannot be performed using the camera's internal memory)
- 4. A USB cable to connect between the Caplio R6 and a computer.
- 5. A computer that has a USB port.
- 6. Remove the other USB devices before this update.
After these preparations are complete, you are ready to update your camera's firmware.
3. Update procedure
3-1) If you do not yet install RICOH Gate La/Caplio Mounter:
The following method does not use the FirmUpdate tool, which does not require the RICOH Gate La / Caplio Mounter in your computer.
For Windows (Windows Vista/XP/2000/Me)
For Macintosh (Mac OS 9.0 - 9.2.2, Mac OS 10.1.2 - 10.5)
- 1. Download the firmware file from this page to your computer. Double click the downloaded file to decompress it. Or it will be automatically decompressed and mounted by your system. You might need the latest version of an unstuffing software if you fail the decompression. Find the following files in the folder extracted;[tlaunch3], [tlaunch7].
- 2. Format an SD card by the camera.
- 3. Confirm if the USB connection of the camera is set to the [MASS STR] mode, not the [ORIGINAL] mode. To change the USB setting, see page 143 in the Camera User Guide that came with your camera.
- 4. Turn off the camera and connect the camera to a computer using a USB cable. The camera should be automatically mounted in a computer as a removable disk/volume.
- 5. Copy the files,[tlaunch3], and [tlaunch7] to the root directory in the camera volume.
- 6. Disconnect the camera from a computer with proper method. Turn off the camera and switch the mode selector to the [SCENE mode], (1) in the figure below.
- 7. While holding down the (2) [Mode button],and then press the (3) [Playback button] for a few seconds, until the information appears in the LCD of the camera.
- 8. Follow the instruction in the LCD to complete the update.
3-2) If you already installed RICOH Gate La/Caplio Mounter:
The Firmware update tool provides you a firmware update automatically. But the update tool requires the RICOH Gate La/Caplio Mounter installed in your computer.
For Windows 98SE (also available with the other systems in the [3-1] above)
- 1.Check if the RICOH software (RICOH Gate La / Caplio Mounter) is installed in your computer. The software is contained in the installation disc that came with your camera. Or it is available in the following site.
- 2. Download the firmware file from this page to your computer. Double click the downloaded file to decompress it. You might need the latest version of an unstuffing software if you fail the decompression.
- 3. Check if the camera is in the [ORIGINAL] mode and if the battery is fully charged. To change the USB setting, see page 143 in the Camera User Guide that came with your camera.
- 4. Insert an SD card in the camera, and format the SD card by the camera.
- 5. Connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable. If the RICOH Gate La, Caplio Mounter, or iPhoto is activated, exit them before update.
- 6. Find the respective update tool for your system as follows. Double click on an update tool to run.
- • [Windows Vista/XP/2000/Me/98SE] the FirmUpdate.exe
- • [Mac OS 9.0 - 9.2] the Caplio R6 Firmware Updater
- • [Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.5] the Caplio R6 Firmware Updater X
- 7. Run the program and read the instructions and then click the Update button in the window. All instructions will be in the window, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
If you fail updating the firmware even if you have tried all things in this page, please contact to the original store where you purchased the camera, or contact a Ricoh service center.