Caplio R3 firmware upgrade procedure for Windows
The following instructions will guide you through the process of updating your camera's firmware.
1. Confirm the version of the camera's current firmware
Please check the version of the camera's current firmware before beginning this update.
- 1.Turn the mode dial to sound Recording Mode (Voice Memo.)
- 2.While pressing both the down arrow button and the telephoto button, turn the power on.
- 3.A table like the one below will be displayed on the monitor. If "V 1.00" (or a lower number) is displayed in the CPU2 field, you will need to update your camera's firmware to the most recent version.
In order to complete this firmware update, you will need:
- 1. The Caplio R3 digital camera
- 2. The AC-4c AC adapter or fully charged batteries
- 3. An SD memory card to store the files on (this update cannot be performed using the camera's internal memory)
After these preparations are complete, you are ready to update your camera's firmware.
3. Update procedure
- 1. Exit RICOH Gate L, then connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable.
- 2. Click on the FirmUpdate.exe file, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.