Caplio R3 firmware update procedure
The following instructions will guide you through the process of updating your camera's firmware.
1.) Confirm the version of the camera's current firmware
Please check the version of the camera's current firmware before beginning this update.
- 1.Turn the mode dial to [Sound Recording Mode] (Voice Memo.)
- 2.While pressing both the down arrow button and the telephoto button, turn the power on.
- 3.A table like the one below will be displayed on the monitor. If "V 1.00" (or a lower number) is displayed in the CPU2 field, you will need to update your camera's firmware to the most recent version.
CPU1: V X.XX
CPU2: V 1.00
MON: V X.XX
ADJ: V X.XX
Note: This screen will be displayed for about 20 seconds. Please wait until this display finishes, at which point the Voice Memo screen will be displayed.
In order to complete this firmware update, you will need:
- 1.The Caplio R3 digital camera
- 2.The AC-4c AC adapter or fully charged batteries
- 3.An SD memory card to store the files on (this update cannot be performed using the camera's internal memory)
- 4.A USB cable to connect between the R3 and a computer.
- 5.A computer that has a USB port. And the Caplio software for the R3 installed in the computer.
You might uncompress the downloaded file and extract its contents.
After these preparations are complete, you are ready to update your camera's firmware.
3.) Update procedure
- 1.Connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable.
- 2.Exit iPhoto or Ricoh Gate before update.
- 3.Update programs differ from your compter's operating system.
MacOS 8.6 - 9.2.2
Click on the Caplio R3 Firmware Updater , then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
MacOS X 10.1 - 10.5
Click on the Caplio R3 Firmware Updater X , then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.