Caplio R2 firmware update procedure (Macintosh)
1.) Confirm the version of the camera's current firmware
Please check the version of the camera's current firmware before beginning this update.
- 1.Turn the mode dial to Sound Recording Mode (Voice Memo.)
- 2.While pressing both the down arrow button and the telephoto button, turn the power on.
- 3.A table like the one below will be displayed on the monitor. If "V 1.00" (or a lower number) is displayed in the CPU2 field, you will need to update your camera's firmware to the most recent version.
In order to complete this firmware update, you will need:
- 1.The Caplio R2 digital camera
- 2.The AC-4b AC adapter or fully charged batteries
- 3.An SD memory card to store the files on (this update cannot be performed using the camera's internal memory)
You might uncompress the downloaded file and extract its contents.
After these preparations are complete, you are ready to update your camera's firmware.
3.) Update procedure
- 1.Connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable.
- 2.Exit iPhoto or Ricoh Gate before update.
- 3.Update programs differ from your compter's operating system.
- 4.MacOS 8.6 - 9.2.2
Click on the Caplio R2 Firmware Updater, then follow the on-screen instructions
to complete the update.
MacOS X 10.1 - 10.5
Click on the Caplio R2 Firmware Updater X, then follow the on-screen
instructions to complete the update.