Technology: Pure image quality born of our original philosophy and
“Moments of inspiration, just as I saw them.”
Remember once-in-a-lifetime moments in images of the purest quality.
RICOH Pure Image Quality Technology
The imaging philosophy that lies at the root of all Ricoh digital cameras: not just “high image quality” but “pure image quality, true to what is perceived by the naked eye.” This is achieved through three core technologies—a low-distortion lens with true-to-life imaging properties, an image sensor with superior high-sensitivity performance, and an imaging engine that reproduces images in minute detail—that have been designed and developed as a single mechanism,offering unsurpassed resolution and faithful, unaffected color reproduction.
A wider range of expression, from dark places to bright ones.
Back-illuminated CMOS sensor + Smooth Imaging Engine IV
The CX4 boasts a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor combined with advanced Smooth Imaging Engine IV image processing. Poorly-lit indoor or night scenes are rendered in pure, unblemished quality, as of course are brightly-lit subjects. An output pixel interpolation algorithm residing in dedicated logic circuits in the imaging engine reduces loss of detail in highlights to faithfully recreate high-contrast scenes exactly as they appear to the naked eye.
Breathtakingly pure beauty with each shot.
Breakthrough noise reduction function
The camera’s noise reduction algorithm processes the image signal as it is output from the CMOS image sensor, reducing the image noise that tends to occur in photographs taken at high sensitivities. The result is beautiful, limpid photographs with details, tones, and colors as vivid as those seen in the original subject.
- *The time to record an image varies depending on the noise reduction setting.
Corrects for even slight hand-motion blur.
Image sensor shift image stabilizer
The CX4’s completely reworked image-sensor-shift image stabilization reduces blur on average by the equivalent of about 3.7 shutter-speed stops, about three times faster than the CX3. This ensures crisp, sharp results in close-ups, telephoto shots, and other situations in which blur is likely to occur.
- *RICOH measurements, camera zoomed all the way in.
- *Not guaranteed to work in all photographic conditions.
Don't let that scene get away.
high-speed continuous shooting functions
Many discoveries await in a world unseen by the naked eye.
With speeds from 5 frames/sec. to ultra-high-speed 120 frames/sec., you will catch the moment.
Still images at maximum pixels (10M) can now be shot continuously at high-speed of about 5 frames/sec. So you can capture that decisive moment in a high-definition image.
- * Continuous shooting speed will vary depending on shooting conditions, card type, card condition, etc.
The CX4 has the M-continuous plus shooting function, which saves consecutive images shot before the finger is removed from the shutter release button. To fit the scene being photographed, you can select from two modes: M-Continuous Plus (10M) for 15 images taken in about three seconds and M-Continuous Plus (2M) for 26 images taken in about 0.9 seconds. Shooting continuously, you are ready when the decisive moment finally arrives.
- * M-Continuous Plus (10M) image size is fixed at 4:3N (10M).
- * M-Continuous Plus (2M) image size is fixed at 4:3N (2M).
- * The continuously shot still images are recorded together as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file). With MP file images recorded by the CX4, a selected frame can be extracted and saved as an individual JPEG image within the camera.
With ultra-high-speed continuous shooting, the CX4 shoots 120 images (120 frames/sec.) during an interval of about one second after the shutter release button is pushed, or 120 images (60 frames/sec.) during an interval of about two seconds.
- * Image size is fixed at 4:3N(VGA)
- * The consecutively shot images are recorded as a single MP file (a file format with multiple still images in a single file). With MP file images recorded by the CX4, a selected frame can be extracted and saved as an individual JPEG image within the camera
The excitement of movement captured in beautiful high image quality HD movies. 1280×720 pixel HD movies
CX4 high image quality extends to movies as well as still photographs. It can shoot 1280 × 720 pixel high-resolution HD movies at 30 frames per second. This brings new possibilities for movie enjoyment, such as viewing your CX4 movies on a large-screen TV.
- *When shooting movies of 1280×720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended.