DVD/CD Drives FAQ for MP7060 series
This page outline some known incompatibilities in PC systems and applications. A list of recommended SCSI adapters is also included. RICOH cannot provide technical support for users with known incompatible systems. This information was last revised on August 1, 1999.
PC configurationThere may be some problems using the PC configured Bus Master driver (Hard Disk Controller), if so please try changing to the Standard IDE Controller or updating to the latest version bus master driver. If you are unsure of what needs to be modified please contact your PC manufacturer.
SCSI host adapter
The following are recommended SCSI adapters.
- *AHA-2940 series from Adaptec. With the AHA-2940U2W, the latest SCSI driver must be installed.
- *AHA-154x series from Adaptec.
- *AHA2910, 2920, 2920C, 3940U, 3940UW
- *AHA1510, 1510B, 1520, 1520B, 1522, 1522B
- Problems may occur if memory resident programs like anti-virus software are installed. This may conflict with the writing software. Please uninstall the anti-virus program before writing to the CD. If this is not possible, deactivate the anti-virus while writing.
- Errors may occur with Task-scheduler running in the background. This is a utility program installed by Windows 98 Plus. To avoid this, disable the program or change the scheduled auto-running time.
- Real-Player (version 4.0 or later) may cause errors while recording due to conflicts with the writing software. Uninstall this program before writing to the CD.