DVD/CD Drives FAQ for MP7040 series
This page outlines some known incompatibilities in PC systems and applications. A list of recommended SCSI adapters is also included. RICOH cannot provide technical support for users with known incompatible systems. This information was last revised on April 12, 1999.
|Q1:||Will the MP7040A work with the Pentium-III?|
|A1:||Presently under investigation.|
|Q2:||Are there any problems reported with some PCs?|
|A2:||In some cases there may be a conflict with the Bus master driver and the CD-RW drive. In this case please contact the PC manufacturer for details.|
SCSI host adapter
The following are recommended SCSI adapters.
- AHA-2940 series from Adaptec. With the AHA-2940U2W, the latest SCSI driver must be installed.
- AHA-154x series from Adaptec.
|Note:||The following SCSI adapters have not been evaluated and RICOH does NOT recommend the following models.|
- AHA2910, 2920, 2920C, 3940U, 3940UW
- AHA1510, 1510B, 1520, 1520B, 1522, 1522B
- Problems may occur if memory resident programs like anti-virus software are installed. This may conflict with the writing software. Please uninstall the anti-virus program before writing to the CD. If this is not possible, deactivate the anti-virus while writing.
- Errors may occur with Task-scheduler running in the background. This is a utility program installed by Windows 98 Plus. To avoid this, disable the program or change the scheduled auto-running time.
- Real-Player (version 4.0 or over) may cause errors while recording due to conflicts with the writing software. Uninstall this program before writing to the CD.