Firmware upgrade for DVD/CD Drives
RICOH Drive Transfer Mode
Change Utility for Ricoh MP9120A
This program is a utility tool for only use that you would have some problem with DVD playback using Ricoh MP9120A with the following case.
Under the motherboard with MAGik1 chipset from ALi;
Cannot playback any DVD videos smoothly, sometimes stop or some noise appear and so on.
Change the drive's transfer mode with this program.
(Required the firmware 1.30.)
|NOTE||When the drive is working well it is not nessalily to use this tool. The drive supports Ultra DMA mode 2 as a function of the drive, when the drive will not work with Ultra DMA mode 2 as a factory default this tool allow you to change the transfer mode to Multiword DMA.|
PublishedFebruary 22 ,2002 Released RICOH Drive Transfer Mode Change Utility for Ricoh MP9120A.
NOTICE before download
- This is only provided as a piece of information without any guarantee.
- Check to see the firmware revision as 1.30. The 1.20 or less revision will not work.
- Disabled the DMA option of the MP9120A before using this utility.
- Only for the PC supported DMA transfer. Non-supported PC for DMA cannot use this utility.
- Carefully read the detail explanation before using it.
RICOH Drive Transfer Mode Change Utility for Ricoh MP9120AThis utility will change the transfer mode for the MP9120A.
However it could depend on the PC. There could be a case it will not work with the transfer mode you changed with this utility.