Firmware upgrade for DVD/CD Drives
For MP5125A drives
DetailsAugust 30, 2004 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.72
January 6, 2004 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.68
July 15, 2003 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.64
To avoid the following problems, it is imperative that the MP5125A drive's firmware be updated to version 1.68 prior to use with these new discs.
If you use the 8X DVD+R media with the firmware 1.64 or earlier, the following problems may occur.
- Cannot write
- Cannot read the data written
<1-4X DVD+R disc compatibility information>If you use the 4x DVD+R media with firmware 1.38 or earlier, the following problem may occur.
- The process of writing to the disc cannot start.
- Data written to the disc cannot be read.
October 02, 2002 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.38
June 25, 2002 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.27
May 14, 2002 Firmware Revision: Ver. 1.18
Before Installing this download
- The RFlash program confirms the model name of the target drive before firmware upgrade process. It is only possible to upgrade the firmware for a "RICOH MP5125A" drive.
- For Windows
We recommend that you upgrade firmware only after installing mastering software. You may upgrade firmware without installing mastering software, but if you can not complete the upgrade sucessfully, you should install mastering software first, and then upgrade the firmware.
It is only possible to upgrade firmware on Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP and Windows NT Workstation V.4.0.
- We will not be responsible for problems that are done for drives installed on any other systems.