Harmony with Society
- Contributing to Solving Social Challenges
- Global Policy for Social Contribution Activities
- Collaboration with the Social Sector
- Value-Creating CSR
- BOP Project
- Corporate Programs
Based on its basic policy for social contribution activities, the Ricoh Group contributes to the development of a sustainable society and planet in active partnership with like-minded people. In our collaborative efforts to solve social issues, the social sector* is one of the most important partners we have. With this recognition, we share with them our mission and values and promote effective mutual use of resources to build and maintain stable relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- *The term social sector collectively refers to NPOs, NGOs, public-interest corporations, social enterprises, and other organizations that are engaged in activities to solve social issues.
Guidelines for collaboration with the social sector
■ Processes for collaboration with the social sector
Following the principles and processes described below, the Ricoh Group collaborates with the social sector, making the most of its own strengths as well as those of its social sector partners, through which it strives for effective solutions to social issues:
From project planning to partner selection
To implement a project effectively, we review a project plan and define the objectives of a collaboration and accordingly select a suitable partner. In the selection process, we evaluate partner candidates to ensure that they have the required organizational health and expertise described as follows:(1) Evaluation of organizations
- ① The organization willingly discloses its operational report, accounting report, and activity progress report. [Transparency]
- ② The organization has diverse sources of capital to maintain its financial and organizational independence. [Independence]
- ③ The organization is in sound financial condition, publicly discloses its organizational structure, and engages in transparent decision-making. [Stability]
- ① The organization can share our mission and objectives in the relevant activity area. [Sharing the mission]
- ② The organization has excellent expertise and a proven track record in the relevant activity area. [Expertise]
- ③ The organization has delivered results through its continuous implementation of distinct activities and has earned the trust of society. [Achievements]
From the launch of activities to the completion of the project
Before launching a project, the Ricoh Group and the selected social sector partner discuss and decide on the project's goals, specific activities, period, and implementation scheme, as well as each party's roles in the project. Once the project starts, both parties build a mechanism for regular information sharing on progress updates, and work together to monitor and evaluate the project's progress.
In a project conducted over multiple years, the parties review the evaluation results and jointly make necessary improvement each year toward the following year's plan.
After completion of the project, we measure the project's achievements against its goals and prepare a report.