POWER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM DEVICE
RN5T614 is the power management IC for GPS-PND/MID and Smart-Phone.
It integrates three high-efficiency step-down DCDC controllers, eight low dropout regulators, power control logic,
Li-ion Battery Charger, I2C-Bus Interface, voltage detections, thermal shut-down, UVLO and etc.
- Thermal Shutdown Function
- Reset Detector Function
- UVLO Function
- I2C-Bus Interface @400kHz (Input voltage range: 1.7V-3.4V)
- High Efficiency Step-down DC/DC Converters
- DC/DC1: 1.20V (0.9V to 1.5V/12.5mV steps) @1200mA with RAMP control (For Core)
- DC/DC2: 1.15V (0.9V to 1.5V/12.5mV steps and 1.8V) @1000mA with RAMP control (For Logic)
- DC/DC3: 1.8V (1.8V to 3.3V by external resistors) @500mA (For Memory)
- DC/DC on/off control pin for DC/DC1 and DC/DC2
- Low Drop Voltage Regulators
- LDO1: 3.0V (Always-on) @10mA
- LDO2: 1.2V (0.9V/1.0V/1.1V/1.2V/1.3V) @30mA
- LDO3: 1.2V (0.9V/1.0V/1.1V/1.2V/1.3V) @30mA
- LDO4: 3.3V (1.8V/2.5V/2.6V/2.8V/2.85V/3.0V/3.3V) @300mA
- LDO5: 1.8V (1.8V/2.5V/2.6V/2.8V/2.85V/3.0V/3.3V) @300mA
- LDO6: 2.6V (1.2V/1.8V/2.5V/2.6V/2.8V/2.85V/3.0V/3.3V) @150mA
- LDO7: 3.0V (1.2V/1.8V/2.5V/2.6V/2.8V/2.85V/3.0V/3.3V) @150mA
- LDO8: 3.3V (1.8V/2.5V/2.6V/2.8V/2.85V/3.0V/3.3V) @150mA
- Li-ion Battery Charger
- Support AC adapter charging
- With the current limit protection and charge current control, the limited power can be efficiently supplied to the system and the battery.
- The system can power on even when Li-ion Battery is low voltage or open.
- The device can withstand up to 6.5V on VCHG pin. However, it can withstand high voltage by combining a high voltage protection IC (up to 28V by using BD6040 of ROHM).
- Rapid timer and Trickle timer integrated.
- Monitor for the battery thermistor built in.
- No external MOSFET required.
- If system loads over AC adapter current rating, the battery will supply the current to the system.
- Chip temperature detection circuit for over temperature protection integrated.
- Smart Phone
- Tablet PC